Deeper Analysis on Tobi's identity *SPOILER*

saminyt

Guys, I always blew off anyone's thoughts of Tobi being Obito. But due to recent events in the Anime, I'm not so sure now. Here, take a look:

1. In the latest episode of Anime, we see that kakashi has aged quite a lot since Obito died and is about the age of Tobi(in looks). This solves the age difference between Tobi and Obito when he attacked Konoha.

2. Kakashi got his Sharingan from Obito and his mangekyou ability sends people to other dimensions. This is nothing but a lower level ability of Tobi's space time migration. That is, both the sharingan has almost the same ability. Although, Kakashi can only use it in mangekyou and his being a little weaker can be because he isn't an Uchiha.

3. Also in the latest Anime during the fight between Fourth Hokage(Minato) and Tobi, Tobi's left hand seems to fall off taking hit from the rasengan, meaning that his left part of body was crushed before just like Obito.

4. If you say that Obito was a noble ninja and could never take the path of darkness, then I say that he had lots of reasons to turn evil. One of them could be that his love of the life Rin was killed. So he took the anger onto Konoha. I mean, just look at Sasuke.

5. And for the other sharingan eyes that he revealed during his fight with Konan in the manga, he could've easily taken a sharingan eye from someone. Just look at Danzo, he acquired like 20 of them, so it's not that hard to get one. This could explain the fact why he used his space time technique with only the right eye.

Guys, these are only my thoughts. I didn't give the obvious reasons coz you probably heard them a million times. Feel free to argue on this topic.

Guys, I always blew off anyone's thoughts of Tobi being Obito. But due to recent events in the Anime, I'm not so sure now. Here, take a look:

1. In the latest episode of Anime, we see that kakashi has aged quite a lot since Obito died and is about the age of Tobi(in looks). This solves the age difference between Tobi and Obito when he attacked Konoha.

2. Kakashi got his Sharingan from Obito and his mangekyou ability sends people to other dimensions. This is nothing but a lower level ability of Tobi's space time migration. That is, both the sharingan has almost the same ability. Although, Kakashi can only use it in mangekyou and his being a little weaker can be because he isn't an Uchiha.

3. Also in the latest Anime during the fight between Fourth Hokage(Minato) and Tobi, Tobi's left hand seems to fall off taking hit from the rasengan, meaning that his left part of body was crushed before just like Obito.

4. If you say that Obito was a noble ninja and could never take the path of darkness, then I say that he had lots of reasons to turn evil. One of them could be that his love of the life Rin was killed. So he took the anger onto Konoha. I mean, just look at Sasuke.

5. And for the other sharingan eyes that he revealed during his fight with Konan in the manga, he could've easily taken a sharingan eye from someone. Just look at Danzo, he acquired like 20 of them, so it's not that hard to get one. This could explain the fact why he used his space time technique with only the right eye.

Guys, these are only my thoughts. I didn't give the obvious reasons coz you probably heard them a million times. Feel free to argue on this topic.

1. Sure Kakashi has aged a lot since Obito's death, but the thing is, Tobi attacking Konoha happened 15 years ago, so you'd have to deduct 15 years from their age which at that time Obito would still not have been Tobi.

2. .....

3. Obito's right side was crushed, not his left. He gave Kakashi his left eye.

4. I can't agree with this.

5. This still doesn't mean anything, because anyone could have taken the eyes. In which case it wouldn't mean Tobi has to be Obito. Most of your basis seems lacking in any sort of believability.

1. No, it doesn't. How does Kakashi ageing solve the problem of Tobi being too old to be Obito at the time of the Kyuubi attack?

2. So, you're saying that because Kakashi's Mangekyou ability is similar to Tobi's, that must mean that the person he got his eye from must equal Tobi. Ever hear of Sasuke? He awoke his Mangekyou Sharingan and independently got Amaterasu, Tsukuyomi and Susanoo (which were first used by Itachi).

3. First, Obito's right side was crushed, not his left. And the fact Tobi's left hand falls off doesn't mean anything.

4. You're now saying that Obito and Sasuke have similar personalities? Sasuke is a brooding emo psychopath, who was manipulated by others (Itachi and Tobi) into constantly feeling anger, hate and having a desire for revenge. Obito though has been described as being care-free and happy-go-lucky. If Rin died, he'd more than likely blame the person responsible for her death: I highly doubt a person like him would decide to Kyuubi-nuke the village.

5. Danzo got his Sharingan eyes after the Uchiha clan massacre, when the village was in chaos (highly unlikely he would have gotten them before, as the clan would have guarded their eyes quite well. Look at the Hyuuga clan, so far, only one Byakugan eye has been shown to have been successfully stolen while the clan is still in existence).

No, the fact he only uses his space-time technique with his right eye does not mean that his left eye must therefore be stolen from someone else. Both Sasuke and Itachi had abilities that corresponded to different eyes. It more than likely means that Tobi's space-time jutsu comes from his right eye and that he has another, unknown, ability coming from his left eye.

I don't mean to sound rude or insulting, but please next time you posit a theory, put some more thought into it. If you look here, http://forums.kametsu.com/showthread.php?t=26918, I listed different possibilities and thought through the strengths and weaknesses for each case. You didn't do your research up there, getting some facts clearly wrong.

As for my opinion... Tobi is Kagami Uchiha.

kagamiuchiha.jpg

Btw, to those who don't know who he is....

He was part of a rival team to team tobirama.

Team Tobirama

Hiruzen Sarutobi - 3rd Hokage

Homura Mitokado - Konoha Elder

Koharu Utatane - Konoha Elder

Team ???

Danzo Shimura - Leader of Root and Hiruzen's rival

Torifu Akimichi - Possibly Choji's Grandfather or Great Grandfather

Kagami Uchiha - The guy people speculate to be tobi

KagamiUchiha2.jpg

Information about him: Click here

As for my opinion... Tobi is Kagami Uchiha.

kagamiuchiha.jpg

Btw, to those who don't know who he is....

He was part of a rival team to team tobirama.

Team Tobirama

Hiruzen Sarutobi - 3rd Hokage

Homura Mitokado - Konoha Elder

Koharu Utatane - Konoha Elder

Team ???

Danzo Shimura - Leader of Root and Hiruzen's rival

Torifu Akimichi - Possibly Choji's Grandfather or Great Grandfather

Kagami Uchiha - The guy people speculate to be tobi

KagamiUchiha2.jpg

Information about him: Click here

The only strength for this theory is that Kagami would be in the right age category (old enough to have known Nagato as a kid and old enough to have been there for the Kyuubi attack).

In terms of a literary device, I wouldn't like it if Tobi did turn out to be Kagami. If it turned out to be Izuna, or the Six Path's Sage's son or something, we have some backstory on this character. Kagami, though, doesn't. All we know of him is that he's a Uchiha and once worked with Tobirama, Danzo, Hiruzen and two Konoha elders on a mission. That's it. We don't know his personality, his beliefs, anything, so if it is Kagami, then Kishimoto might as well write Tobi saying "I'm actually named Random Uchiha #139!" for all the impact it will have.

The only strength for this theory is that Kagami would be in the right age category (old enough to have known Nagato as a kid and old enough to have been there for the Kyuubi attack).

In terms of a literary device, I wouldn't like it if Tobi did turn out to be Kagami. If it turned out to be Izuna, or the Six Path's Sage's son or something, we have some backstory on this character. Kagami, though, doesn't. All we know of him is that he's a Uchiha and once worked with Tobirama, Danzo, Hiruzen and two Konoha elders on a mission. That's it. We don't know his personality, his beliefs, anything, so if it is Kagami, then Kishimoto might as well write Tobi saying "I'm actually named Random Uchiha #139!" for all the impact it will have.

At the same time, wouldnt it allow for them to delve into more depth about Kagami's past and motivations for doing what he is doing? So although we do not know much right now, we might eventually learn why and it could fit into place much better than some other people.

At the same time, wouldnt it allow for them to delve into more depth about Kagami's past and motivations for doing what he is doing? So although we do not know much right now, we might eventually learn why and it could fit into place much better than some other people.

Except that Kishimoto is, according to the way I read the manga, gearing for the Big Reveal!! . That is, Tobi will removie his mask and go "No, Naruto, I am ___!" Then we, as the reader, act all shocked and think to ourselves how cool it is he's actually ____ and that everything written before in earlier chapters now makes sense.

That can't happen if Tobi = Kagami. He'll say "No, Naruto, I am Kagami Uchiha!" Naruto will scrunch his forehead in confusion and go "Who?" and us readers will go "That's the Big Reveal!!! ?"

Think of it in terms of the Vader reveal in Empire Strikes Back. In a New Hope, Obi-Wan says that Vader and Luke's father were both students of his, and that Vader turned to evil and killed Luke's father. Then, Vader does his reveal and we as viewers go "It does make sense". The character of Luke's father we know something about, we know he was a good man, he had a connection to Luke (being his father), and Vader, we know about, being the villain. Now, we have to lump the two together and we get a sense of the tragic tale of Darth Vader, that he was once a good man, but turned to evil.

I don't even think Tobi is from the hidden leaf village or is even a Uchiha mainly based on the fact that he was the mizukage which was mentioned by Kisame i don't think people from other villiages can simply go into an other villiage and became a kage with strength alone theres no way for an outsider to became a kage of another villiage so if the fact that tobi really was the mizukage once upon a time is true then thats the villiage he was from so i doubt its any one from the hidden leaf or even that he is a Uchiha.

Theres nothing that really links him to being a Uchiha at the moment other then his eyes which could have easily been stolen and is highly likely judging from tobi's real personality and desire for power etc. But thats just my opinion.

I don't even think Tobi is from the hidden leaf village or is even a Uchiha mainly based on the fact that he was the mizukage which was mentioned by Kisame i don't think people from other villiages can simply go into an other villiage and became a kage with strength alone theres no way for an outsider to became a kage of another villiage so if the fact that tobi really was the mizukage once upon a time is true then thats the villiage he was from so i doubt its any one from the hidden leaf or even that he is a Uchiha.

Theres nothing that really links him to being a Uchiha at the moment other then his eyes which could have easily been stolen and is highly likely judging from tobi's real personality and desire for power etc. But thats just my opinion.

Tobi was never the Mizukage. What he did was use his Sharingan to mind control the Fourth Mizukage, Yagura. Don't bother saying there's no way for an outsider to become a Kage, you're stating that as an absolute, which would really make for some shite story-telling.

Tobi was never the Mizukage. What he did was use his Sharingan to mind control the Fourth Mizukage, Yagura. Don't bother saying there's no way for an outsider to become a Kage, you're stating that as an absolute, which would really make for some shite story-telling.

Ah okay fair enough i guess that makes sense never heard of that detail before guess i must have missed it, also was just clarifying its pretty much impossible in the naruto world for an outsider to became a kage of another village due to their trust issues in the past etc thus my statement but to each there own opinion i guess

• 3 weeks later...
What about Shisui Uchiha? He was all for no fighting and peace, something that Tobi wants to achieve as well. Sort of.

He's dead. And had no eyes at the time of his death. He'd lost one eye to Danzo and then, after Itachi killed him, Itachi took the other eye and stuffed it into a magic crow that he later shoved down Naruto's throat. I highly doubt that a ninja as skilled as Itachi could have been fooled into thinking he'd killed Shisui when he hadn't.

He's dead. And had no eyes at the time of his death. He'd lost one eye to Danzo and then, after Itachi killed him, Itachi took the other eye and stuffed it into a magic crow that he later shoved down Naruto's throat. I highly doubt that a ninja as skilled as Itachi could have been fooled into thinking he'd killed Shisui when he hadn't.

There are a lot of supposedly dead people running around at the moment. Im having a kind of "anything can happen" feeling.

There are a lot of supposedly dead people running around at the moment. Im having a kind of "anything can happen" feeling.

I'm going to list off why you're completely wrong with the two posts you've made in this thread. The dead don't just randomly get up of their own volition and start running around. They are summoned, and the list of people able to do that is incredibly small.

• Tobi has been shown to have had Sharingan eyes. Shisui, at the time of his death, didn't have any eyes. He had lost one previously to Danzo, and Itachi took the other one.
  • Shisui was killed. We know this, for two reasons. First, Itachi was the one who killed him. As an ANBU Captain, he would have recognised a dead body, and the possibility of Shisui tricking him is so small as to be practically impossible.
  • The two couldn't have arranged for Shisui to stay alive, nor could Itachi have consciously known if Shisui lived. Itachi awoke his Mangekyou Sharingan, which can only be done by feeling the guilt of murdering someone extremely close to you e.g., in this case, Itachi's best friend.
  • It is also higly unlikely to the point of impossibility that Shisui was then revived (as per your quote above, you would then have to be implying a third hidden character besides Madara and Tobi, who would have been skilled enough to learn the resurrection jutsu. And no, this couldn't have been Orochimaru. If Orochimaru had brought back Shisui, with functioning Sharingan, he therefore wouldn't have needed Sasuke at all...which does expose another plot hole in the storyline. Orochimaru resurrected the first two Hokage, showing he had the ability to steal their well protected DNA. Surely, he could have done the same for a dead Uchiha?)
  • It is again highly unlikely to the point of impossibility that anyone other than Kabuto and Orochimaru learned the resurrection jutsu. So far, we know the Second Hokage invented it, but we don't know if he ever actually used it or not. It is likely that he invented it, but upon learning the cost would be a human life, he then chose not to use it and hid his notes (albeit, this can be countered by the fact that Madara recognised the jutsu he was summoned with, ergo, Tobirama did use the jutsu at least once). Years later, Orochimaru would find these notes, learn it, and being as paranoid as he was, would then destroy the notes and commit everything to memory. Kabuto, in turn, learned how either by Orochimaru's direct tutelage, or somehow absorbing the knowledge when he took Orochimaru's cells into his own body. Tobi himself didn't know the jutsu, as he had to ask Kabuto to demonstrate it for him.

I'm going to appeal to the fans of Naruto. Yes, I do enjoy these discussions, but please, if you want to posit a theory, do your research first! Don't just spew that Obito = Tobi, or someone else = Tobi, because more than likely, the impossibility of such statements has already been addressed in the manga/anime.

I've already had to counter about three or four topics that said Obito = Tobi, and each time, all the theorist had to do was look at the Naruto wiki and look up the ages of the characters.