How did you get into gaming?

Emotional Outlet

When I was four, my grandparents inherited a SNES with The Legend of Zelda: A Link To the Past. I played that a lot. It didn't matter if I played it all day and got nowhere in the storyline, I just kept playing and trying. Unfortunately, I could never beat the Ice Dungeon until a few months ago when I sat down and beat it on a ROM. So, it only took me about twelve years to beat it. I also had a SEGA Genesis at one point, but I can't remember how old I was.

The best was when I got my N64. I had to have put close to 1000 hours into Perfect Dark. I've also been an avid PC Gamer since Windows 95. Before then, I did have a lot of fun typing endless strings of characters on DOS and printing them off. If that counts as a game. Currently, I'm hooked on my Wii.

I still want to play with your Wii. :( I hate being poor.

I'm the eldest child by two years, disregarding the earlier children my mother had in the Philippines, so... Still my father--he played video games before we were born. I would look for an outlet too if my sister was a drunkard and my parents were stupid... I think we have a couple of seventies game systems around... somewhere...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Hmm. The oldest games I remember were:

Phantasy Star

Splatterhouse

Vectorman

Alien vs Predator (For the Jaguar)

Oh and the mighty, Doom!

That's as much as I remember. Im certain there's more but... My memory is pretty craptastic. I think I was 5-ish at the time. But again, my memory is pretty craptastic.

Well it began rather strangely My dad was a 2d fighting pro. (yeah they're dying so what >O)

But yeah, thats what he did. He was the guru of all 2d fighting games. I could never beat him. (Granted I was under 13... but still)

So as I got older I played 2d fighters more Which then leaked out into other things. Racing, sports, w/e the hell mario party is considered as, bunch of Rpgs. And thus, my career began

Guest Destiny Angel

I blame my cousins and brother.

At first it was my cousin who got the first Gameboy. It had breakout and mario, I then always borrowed, then my brother watned one and he did.

After that some console came and my cousin who is close to my age got the PS1. After that we moved away from my cousins and then 3-4 years later my brother got a job and bought the PS2. Nintendo DS came after that which was just this year and the PS2 is now 3-4 years old =)

But I do blame my brother most for getting me into PS2, since back then i wasn't a gaming freak until i had brains to know what console games were.

My cousin I think, but them I always liked games.

I've been playing games ever since I can remember. Started with Atari and games like frog and tennis |. | , moved onto Prince of Persia, the first ever, for Comodore 286 I think it was, and some Formula 1 game :). Then I got the Nintendo, the really old one, and played games like Captain Tsubasa, Street Fighter, the whole NES and SNES thing. Moved to PS one and got introduced to RPG and FF games :) That's enough said I think.

• 12 years later...