Web Comics

Emotional Outlet

I tried looking for an existing thread on web comics, and while I found one for traditional paper comics, I had no luck in finding a thread specifically for sharing comics born and shared on the Internet. So, here I am.

I'll offer up the ones I read regularly (mostly because they update regularly).

Gunnerkrigg Court. Updates MWF without fail. It's so wonderfully well-done and has such an interesting story.

xkcd. I don't think I need to say much about this, haha.

Sinfest. Archive diving on this comic will likely take you a while--it's been updating every day since 2006.

Meaty Yogurt. It's slow with the updates, but I like her other work, so I check up on it regularly.

Yu+Me: dream. It's been finished for a while. Pretty trippy comic.

I Was Kidnapped By Lesbian Pirates From Outer Space!!! The title says it all.

Please to be sharing the web comics you guys read? I would like to find new ones that are well-done and interesting!

• Like 1

Ones I tend to look at:

Penny Arcade (All sorts of games references).

Virtual Shackles (I keep stumbling upon this).

LFGComic (Every MMO Player probably knows this one)!

Bob and George (Was worth a laugh, now cancelled. Megaman Sprite Comic "ish" style).

Explosm (Can be offensive).

And my favourite, because I love puns so much: theWAREHOUSE comics. Not updated frequently anymore because of the author's work life.

And one I just remembered about: Hejibits. Again, another pun based (sometimes) and college roommate based webcomics.

Hopefully all the links go to the right place.

• 4 weeks later...

I tried to read Megatokyo a thousand years ago when I was still reading 8-bit Theatre and... I couldn't get into it. At all. I tried and I hated it. And apparently it got worse when one of the creators quit? Something like that.

In other news, I ended up reading the entire Explosm archive. That took a while. Yeesh.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Couple more that I read.

14 Nights -- NSFW! From the author, "This story is about a guy who is afraid of sex. [...] Due to the subject matter, it contains nudity and sex." That aside, it's amazing. I... read it three times. I just can't get over it. Lucian and Nikita are such flawed characters, but their interactions are just so fantastic.

Shadowbinders -- A steampunk fantasy webcomic. Little cheesy, but I expect no less from a steampunk comic.

Pawn -- NSFW! It's currently on hiatus, but I read it a while ago. It's an interesting read and there's definitely a plot there, but it's mostly cheesecake.

VG Cats - Like Dae314 said. They hardly update though.

SUPER EFFECTIVE - Same guy as above but Pokemon stuff.

You and me and cats - I just starting following this one. I saw this and I instantly fell in love.

The Oatmeal - Surprised no one else is following him considering how popular he is.

Brawl in the Family - He actually gave a shutout to a little site I used to be on. Thought that was awesome.