Web Comics

Emotional Outlet

How have you been liking Sinfest? I stopped following it for a while a couple years ago and picked it back up after a while because I was curious how it was doing. It's really cool how much it's changed through the years.

lolrawr, I read you and me and cats and it reminds me a little of Hyperbole and a Half.

Go Get a Roomie is really good. May not be for everyone, though. The lifestyles depicted in the comic have elicited some very... strong responses, to say the least.

I read Manly Guys Doing Manly Things, Paranatural, and Dr. McNinja. I used to read Cyanide and Happiness but it got boring after a while of just random shit, I'm all for random shit but damn, there's such a thing called consistency. Not my cup o' tea any more, but the other three! Ho-Ho-HOO! Made for men, and proper lesbians! ... Okay and girls, but mostly men.

Paranatural is good. Really cute. Isaac is my favourite. I want to keep him in my pocket.

A lot of the jokes from C&H seem to based on the notion that if it's offensive, regardless of whether it would be funny without that angle, it's hilarious.

Punch an' Pie seems to be back on a regular updating schedule. The artist is the guy who did Striptease and the writer is the woman who did Queen of Wands. Aeire gave Chris control over the story a little while back, but she still oversees its creation.

PnP is the sequel to QoW, but you don't have to read QoW to enjoy PnP. Like its predecessor, Punch an' Pie is basically a slice of life comic, but without the autobiographical slant that Queen of Wands had.

Edited by Emotional Outlet

Couple comics for you guys to check out.

One is called Plume. So far it seems like a magical wild west kind of story, so if you're into westerns, you might like this. Art is pretty and the story seems intriguing so far. Update schedule doesn't seem to be regular--by the looks of the archive, it's updated with a few pages every month.

And another called Cat Sick. It's by the woman who did Friendly Hostility (completed--linked on the first page), Other People's Business (defunct), 5ideways (apparently defunct), and Boy Meets Boy (completed). It's set to update with a few pages at the start of every month (I don't know why I follow so many comics that don't update regularly). It seems to sit somewhere between Friendly Hostility and 5ideways as far as darkness and humour goes. Her comics tend to have some sort of supernatural element to it, but varies in how much that element is at the forefront. Far as Cat Sick goes, it seems to be a larger part of the story akin to 5ideways vice FH. I fell in love with her art when I started reading FH, and will continue to follow her endeavours, no matter where they may take me.

tumblr_m9gcvxaBVe1qzckow.gif