Merry Christmas; Okay or Not Okay?

Guest Faith

• 2 weeks later...
Also, you seem like a hypocrite. You want to move to Canada, yet you have an anti-immigration attitude?

Not an anti-immigration attitude. I'm just against those who move in to other countries and try forcing their religion on us. If I was to move to another country, I wouldn't expect to have higher privileges than those who were born and raised there. In my country, for example, we got loads of foreign workers, whereas many of us can't get a job.

As for the jobs thing, different debate, but nothing's stopping you from becoming qualified for a job. Unless the immigrants are, like, beating you up or something and threatening your life if you ever apply for a job.

Apart from the government wanting them settled in quickly, with homes and jobs.

• 1 month later...

Christmas is Christmas. It's been that way for years. I don't see why we're changing that NOW. Just because "Somebody might get offended." hasn't stopped me before. The government is stupid enough to think that the stupid country can't take care of itself (Which it CAN) and have to sensor/change EVERYTHING. It wasn't this bad when I was 10, and I know because my parents would talk about the news and it wasn't full of this "Oh, you can't say that" or "Well, you can't do that" all summed up with "Somebody might get offended" Feh! I'm a wiccan, and I celebrate christmas like there's no tomorrow! I could care less if some of these idiots tried to correct me.

I heard about this, some stored having to change thier "Christmas Trees" to "Holiday Trees". Umm excuse me, are we telling them to rename the Jew's menorah [candle thing] and make them call it "The holiday candle holder"!

Seriously.

I'm Roman Catholic and I never yelled at anyone else for celebrating their religious holiday so they can shut their mouth about mine.

Plus a lot of other religions celebrate Christmas, it's just like the nation's thing. If you don't want to, then don't, make up your own holiday.

• 2 weeks later...

christmas, to me, is not a religious thing. its the one day of the year where everybody wakes up and they are cheerful. and everyone is nice to everyone, just for that one day. its a time of giving and recieving and spending time with the people you love. thats how it should be anyway and thats how it is round at my house.

I think that Christmas should not be edited out of the media, seeing as it is for christian it should be there, if no other religion is edited out of the media I believe that it should all be on a fair and excepting level as all the others.

So yes I believe christmas is ok, if they do away with christmas they need to do away with whatever other religions have out there in the media as well...just my opinion though, either everything is ok or nothing is.

Just for reference I do not have a religion, I'm still looking for the answer for myself, so maybe this doesnt really matter as much to me as some people, you decide.

Off topic abit but was mentioned:

As for the jobs thing, different debate, but nothing's stopping you from becoming qualified for a job. Unless the immigrants are, like, beating you up or something and threatening your life if you ever apply for a job. Immigrants around here tend to get the manual labour jobs anyway and they get paid less to do that more physical work. Any other person would be demanding more money for such a terrible job. I think most people can aim a little higher than McDonald's.

Actually there is alot more to that, I used to landscape with my neighbor, he became a landscaper because he lost his job in construction because the contractor employeed illegal immigrants that would work for 2$ a hour, minimum wage here is $6.50, and you can not live or support a family on 2$ he lost his job along with the other legal citizens because the illegal immigrants would work for nothing, the immigrants do not pay taxes and give our area a bad crime rate (my dad is a police officer, ive seen the reports) tax paying citizens are loosing their jobs, health care is dropping badly and the well being of our area has been shot down over the past few years.

Im not against immigration, legal immigrants are required to pay taxes and live out their lives fairly. I am against illegal immigration though, nothing illiegal supports our society. they do not care for their enviornment or the citizens in it because they arent paying to live there like legal citizens.