RazorDan

Good year for anime?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Good year for anime?

• Yes! We saw some great series!
    • No! Poor quality series, poor year
    • Mixed, some good stuff, some bad stuff, a mixed year
    • Can't decide :/

There was a lot more series each season than previous years had for those seasons, but with that came a lot of garbage series. There were hidden gems every season as usual though so I'd say this year was about average. We saw several great series as well such as Deadman Wonderland and Mirai Nikki for example.

Although there were some really bad series this year, I would have to say that the good outweighed the bad. Good series like Gintama, TWGOK S2, Steins;Gate, Ao no Exorcist, Deadman Wonderland, and the Black Lagoon OVAs all came out, so the spring was a bountiful year by itself. Then we include the fall with Hunter X Hunter, Gundam AGE, Fate/Zero, Shakugan no Shana, and others that arent popular but I liked such as C3 and Ben-To. There may have not been lots of good original series, but the sheer awesomeness of all the season 2 and 3's would make this year a good one in my books

I just hope Ao no exorcist gets Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood treatment a few years down the road.

I just hope it gets something more than the unsatisfying ending they gave it. :D

This year's anime was okay but not amazing. Some were duds, some repetitive, but there were a few interesting and/or good ones made.

I just hope Ao no exorcist gets Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood treatment a few years down the road.

It doesn't require a remake. They left it that way because they do plan to come back to continue. However that does not guarantee they will as it hasn't been announced to be in the works yet. It's suspected as usual they'll likely wait a year to give time for more manga to be released and then do another season in the same season the first season aired in.

• 4 weeks later...