Most difficult final Bosses

Dazzep

I just recently finished playing Portal 2 which despite being more complicated than the first version, I still ended up wanting more from it, nevertheless it was a great game, but what really, really disappointed me, was the final boss, which made me wonder, what happened to the good all days when you would spend at least a week to defeat that terrible boss?

Surely, not by far the most difficult, but for me probably the most memorable and the one that left me with a stupid satisfied smile right after defeating it. And to think i was playing on mere Normal. It's The Mother from Dragon Age: Awakening. Took me a load of neuron-destroying attempts, and when you lose in that fight, you dont just lose immediately, you go down after a hell of a long fight, but you still go down. Was so glad i had three mages in my four fighters' unit. Plus a rogue dwarf-girl with a strong physique who had no chance in that fight but still managed to work some bombs and land some feisty criticals on the boss before departing. The rest of the battle was pure magery, from all the effects activated at once the frame count per second at times reached that of a fast slideshow, not like that was a problem, given i was pausing every half second anyway. For the first time i had used all available mass damaging spells at one spot. I think now i know what hell looks like: a flesh-ripping frost in addition to scorching flames, mixed with deadly toxic and charging bolts, and in the center - a deformed woman with bare breasts, and i mean a lot of deformed bare breasts, thriving leech-like creatures and creeping tentacles. As Velanna, a Dalish elf able to use mother earth as a deadly weapon, was about to fall, she managed to signify her own death with an explosion of hundreds roots coming from underneath and penetrating everything around like sharp spikes. She left the battle, but took all the disgustingly annoying and dangerous creatures with her, leaving only me, Anders and The Mother in a final standoff. The outcome wasnt yet decided, not at all, as the mages, despite the tremendous havoc the two were causing, were fragile enough to be downed with one attack, not yet mentioning the periodically appearing runic signs, which took away all the magic power in a second. This was an endurance match, each second the warlocks lived The Mother's health declined by a tiny amount. The last strike was dealt with a sword in the battlemage's hand. The creature lay down, resembling a sarcophagus made of half rotten flesh. I leaned back in the chair, took a deep breath and enjoyed watching a story told about the outcome of all my actions on course of the game. I like Dragon Age. In the sequel the last boss was difficult to fail on highest mode. Unpleasant, maybe, still there was a boss in the game that corrected the situation. Perhaps the fact that facing it wasnt necessary for the main quest left the developers' hands untied. As a result - a High Dragon like it has to be. With homing firebreath, unreachable positions and half a hundred weaker creatures to back it up.

Not actual spoilers below, just images.

1661390-1285543271.jpg

High-Dragon.jpg

Hawke-fighting-a-High-Dragon-dragon-age-origins-19338769-830-467.jpg