Terra (Another old story of mine.)

Talena Mae

The sun was sinking and the birds were singing, so why was I feeling so low? Maybe it was because of my unhappy past or my uncertain future. You see I have never had a real home or a family. I was taken away from my mother and father, or should I say they were taken from me. The world we live in– Terra -has a mix of races animal magical and other beings.

However I am one of a kind, I am a Shape Shifter. Because of that fact the Ladies of the Sky who rule this land put a price on my head; one thousand gold coins to anyone who could catch me and present me to them in their city in the mountains. The Ladies of the Sky are all seven foot tall with hair as golden as the sun. The city in the mountains was said to be made of gold and that is why no matter where you were on this continent it shone like a beacon to all who sort their wisdom. They are the truth tellers, future seers and justice makers, they can see deep inside any, and know everything about those who stood before them. With their long hands and many jointed fingers, some would weave the patterns of our lives. To keep everything fair the Ladies of the Sky who weave kept themselves in seclusion and they were all my enemies.

Well before I was born the future seers had seen my coming, they knew not to whom I would be born, only that I would be arriving that night.

I was five when I first showed signs of being a Shape Shifter. While I was out collecting wood with my parents I had spied a rabbit bounding off into the undergrowth. I remember thinking how good it would be to do the same things as the rabbit when suddenly the forest became huge. I also remember being startled when my mother started screaming, I was about to run when I was picked up by my ears and my father was saying that I was a little girl and should once more become one. Night was descending and I had begun to feel hungry so I found the key deep inside myself and transformed back into a little girl. Little did I know at the time that one of the villagers had seen me transform back into myself.

The villager must have contacted the Ladies by crystal, as four weeks later I felt a shift in the air. My small mind quickly concluded that someone was coming to do me harm. I hid in the forest close to my house, I had barely transformed into a wolf when seemingly out of nowhere a group of Ladies appeared on the lawn. I learned later that they were a tracking and capturing team of the Ladies of the Sky. I do not wish to remember the rest.

I sighed as I pulled myself from the sad memories, there was no point dwelling on the past. Looking ahead I could see the lanterns indicating where the inn was and headed in that direction, I never enjoyed heading into civilization. Nevertheless, I could smell how ripe I was so it was time I reacquainted myself with a bath and some soap.

I could feel my footsteps dragging as the inn grew closer. It is hard to describe, even to myself, how much I want to be anywhere but here. However I continued, until reluctantly, I was standing at the door. Hesitantly I walked into the large wooden building making my way toward the counter. The man grimaced as he caught my smell before I could reach him.

“A room and a bath for the night, mistress?” He asked trying not to breathe

“How much will it lighten my purse Sir?” I confirmed nodding.

“Five pieces of silver,” He stated and I raised my eyebrows. “Alright three, but I will go no less.”

“Agreed,” I said handing over the coins, “Could my bath be ready as soon as possible?”

“Yes mistress, if you would leave your clothes out, my little Millie will take them and give them a good wash.”

“Thank you sir, what room can I use?” He handed me a key with a wink

“The one closest to the bathing room, my eldest Hanna is in there now helping another lady wash, she will help you with your hair if you would like that, Hanna loves washing and drying hair.” The innkeeper eyed my hair, it was in need of a good wash. I nodded to him and walked off.

Pulling a strand of my lank hair over my eyes, I studied it. It was another strange thing about me; my hair was white with large stripes of orange starting at my temples and stayed two fingers thick until the end of my hair, they were not bright orange, thankfully they were closer to a tigers’ orange colour.

Edited by Emotional Outlet

That's a neat story, its a lot different from what I've seen thus far. I had to skim over it a few times to grasp exactly what happened to the ladies of the sky, they seemed to of had you cornered on the lawn when you morphed into a wolf. So they were hunting you and then they became the hunted? (Not to pry, I am the master of confusion in my stuff) lolz