which is more popular MTG or Yugi-oh?

ruhl8881

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

nah YGO much more boss than MTG to me,its faster.for the most part.and card/combo setup is quick.

MTG more like chess-dull long and drawn out-but fun because its like one of those rts videogames.but it has VERY broken cards,blue for example with all its negation.

YGO more like playing the game chicken.a player either tries to explode fast before other can respond or they both take a long time just setting up till one fails at going for game

altho theyre both card games they play much differently so i never like when mtg players try to degrade it by calling it a kids game

theyre both played by grown ass people with paper cards.

tldr.mtg tend to be slow ygo tend to be fast.

MTG is chess.

-For adults.

YGH is checkers.

-For children.

You don't even make sense. Yugioh is teen/adult card game. yes, I agree, Magic is more mature game but yugioh is not a children's game. In Japan, the game is only played by teens and adults. Kids in japan, are not aloud to play the card game due to the adult themes in some of the card artworks. Why else are mostly adults playing yugioh in major tournaments in Japan and USA. You've got yugioh mistaken for a kids game.  You're stereotyping Yugioh from the stupid edited Yugioh Anime that 4kids english dubbed for kids. Have you even watched any of the yugioh animes (original, GX, 5ds, ZEXAL) English subbed. If have not, Tanis, don't judge Yugioh. I like both games but YUGIOH wins anyday over Magic. Yugioh is a faster paced game and extremely competitive and fun at the Major Yugioh tournaments around USA.

MTG is chess.

-For adults.

YGH is checkers.

-For children.

Wrong, the majority of yugioh players are from age 19 to there 30's.

There are a few kids that play, but not competitvely.

They are bot for adults.

I say yugioh because MTG is not popular outside of north america, australia and parts of europe, while Yu-Gi-Oh! Does well in all the placese MTG does well in, pluss parts of europe thst MTG does not do well in, asia, africa and south america.

Pluss the anime and manga helps as advetising.

I've actually been pondering this for awhile and it's hard to say. Yu-gi-Oh was smart because they started an anime and I think that definitely attracted attention. I've long thought that MTG should have an animated show.

I actually think that Yu-Gi-Oh might be a little more popular, but Magic has a longer standing fanbase. My brother started with both and he's phased out of Yu-Gi-Oh but he still plays magic. Just my 2 cents, no really merit to any of it =0)

I've actually been pondering this for awhile and it's hard to say. Yu-gi-Oh was smart because they started an anime and I think that definitely attracted attention. I've long thought that MTG should have an animated show.

I actually think that Yu-Gi-Oh might be a little more popular, but Magic has a longer standing fanbase. My brother started with both and he's phased out of Yu-Gi-Oh but he still plays magic. Just my 2 cents, no really merit to any of it =0)

Magic won't have an anime since it isnt from Japan and is aimed at an older fanbase. It does have a bunch of books though, and some of them are really good.

Magic won't have an anime since it isnt from Japan and is aimed at an older fanbase. It does have a bunch of books though, and some of them are really good.

Understatement of the thread.

I ADORE some of the books.

Even some of the newer ones are surprisingly enjoyable.

Actually Yugioh in Japan is aimed at 13 years and Up just like Magic the Gathering. In America, Konami wants to make yugioh a children card game aimed at 6 year an up for whatever odd reason when they know very well that yugioh is a Teen/Adult card game just like Magic. here my proof check it out:

For Yugioh: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yu-Gi-Oh!_Trading_Card_Game

For Magic: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magic:_The_Gathering

Edited by NJS2011

Actually Yugioh in Japan is aimed at 13 years and Up just like Magic the Gathering. In America, Konami wants to make yugioh a children card game aimed at 6 year an up for whatever odd reason when they know very well that yugioh is a Teen/Adult card game just like Magic. here my proof check it out:

I won't dispute that Yu-Gi-Oh is designed for 13+. However, the show is somewhat more immature and the card designs are also less mature than MTG. Also MTG has a much larger set of rules and restrictions, and overall covers more mature subject matter in some of the cards.

I've only played yu gi oh and i used to enjoy it but now the hypes gone for me. i dont even understand the ever changing rules anymore. These new summoning methods and stuff. Less restriction was better the only changes i liked was the life point attacking and sacrificial summoning. But  never really got into MTG i remember people in school who played MTG called yu gi oh yu-gay-hoe. Also in college a dude walked out on an agreed study session for my calculus class for a MTG tournament. Not that i cared cuz i got a little bit more friendlier with the girl in my study group :). But i wanna know more about MTG's novels. is it about characters that use the cards or characters that use magic that are described by the cards?

I won't dispute that Yu-Gi-Oh is designed for 13+. However, the show is somewhat more immature and the card designs are also less mature than MTG. Also MTG has a much larger set of rules and restrictions, and overall covers more mature subject matter in some of the cards.

I agree with you 100%. Magic has more mature card designs

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

definattly yugioh, sice it been around longer in my oppinion

I know this is a old post but knowing people that are this retarded actually exist makes me so sad.

tumblr_mda4rfmJvW1qaunw7o1_500.gif

Yu-Gi-Oh didn't start off as a manga series about a specific card game, instead it was about a variety of games where the loser would be sent to the shadow realm. One of the games featured happened to be a card game due to the rising popularity of Magic the Gathering in Japan.

MTG became so popular that Nintendo got Wizards of the Coast to design the Pokemon TCG.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...