Holy Fool [Compiled]

Pinkie Pie

Yep, I'm compiling the story I wrote for the Khronicle earlier this year. I'll put out one chapter every two days until they're all out and then I'll start working on it again, because closure is a good thing :>

--------

Sophia. Her very name made the worst think of opulence and greed, and the best of a lost little girl in search of a cruel being that has lived on in infamy through the ages, whose very name brought thoughts of hate to mind. She was indeed a lost little girl, with her hair in fashionable tangles dyed bright pink and her clothes made from the rags found in thrift shops. She wasn’t even old enough to pour herself a drink, legally at least, but she already decided whom she loved. And she would find him or end herself trying. But he wasn’t someone to be easily found. He was one of the types that showed up very rarely just to say something horrible and then vanish again when he had the chance. He would betray her like he did someone so much more important than the girl with dreams too big for her little head.

But nothing would stop her. At the very least she wanted to see him, even if he would vanish again. She needed to see him. She had tried so many times, been through all the books on how to make him appear, but nothing worked. Instead there was an unexplainable amount of decaying animal bodies in the woods, all cut and bled in the same way. More looking would find her circle, the pentagram she drew with a stick deep into the ground, the burned candles at every point. She wanted him to betray her. She wanted to end up like the one he had betrayed before if it meant that he would hold her once.

She considered extreme measures. She considered doing things so unspeakable to another human that at the very least, she would be banished to his circle. She had the tools to do it as well. It would be easy to cleave someone’s face in half and then cut the body apart. But her virtues stopped her. Maybe the one he betrayed was trying to tell her something, or trying to stop her before she went too far into the dark. But she needed to see him. She needed to see his beautiful red hair, his piercing brown eyes, his glorious body. Her love for him was pure. It had to be! Or else she wouldn’t have gone into the darkest alleys in search of someone to help. She was ready to give her blood, anything to see him.

But no one could help her. They all told her that he couldn’t be called. Told her that she was going to taint what little light she might have had left if she continued. But she never stopped. And then she had a flash of brilliance. She would betray much like he did. It would be too easy. But it proved to be harder than she ever imagined. But it should be hard to sell out a friend from birth whose secrets you bound to your heart. And it never drove her away from him. If anything it made her adoration deepen. She never stopped trying. At one point, she adored a boy, but soon her love drove her far away from him, back to her most beloved. She knew all the legends, knew everything about him recorded, even had a copy of his gospel even though it was banned and rare even in an age of technology and heresy, believing every word.

And after years of trying, of driving everyone around her far away, she had a small success. She managed to call a being that was in regular contact with him. She pleaded and begged with this being, promising everything a girl with the dream that was too big could offer. But this being had no mercy. He would be told of this love, but he was forbidden to come to the surface. The reason would never be revealed. She offered her soul to this being, this woman at the top, and it was taken after negotiations. Her soul for a night with him. She would belong to this bat winged woman, the one apparently called the Dona, become her slave at the end of her life, which would be after this one night, and spend an eternity as nothing more than a glorified pet to a cruel mistress.

But it was worth it. It had to be. When the fateful night came, she saw him. But he wasn’t what she had dreamed of. He was bitter and angry at what the world had come, at her for calling him so feverishly. He was beautiful but she wasn’t allowed to even think about expressing her love for him. But a deal was a deal and she was rather cute after all, just another virgin for him to ravage while he was still on the surface and away from the pettiness of his circle. It was something she didn’t want. She didn’t want him this way, didn’t want him to touch her in those ways. She just wanted to talk to him. She just wanted to feel his body beside her. She did not want him to do those terrible things, but she let him. And after it was over, after her body ached and the scratches he made finished bleeding, he then decided to talk. He told her about everything she asked, from his first life, to what his circle was like, and let her cling to him. During these talks, she made him promise that he would come for her, that he would protect her from the scariest of the scary in the place she would end up calling home.

He watched her fight so hard against the overwhelming need to sleep and understood what was happened immediately. There was no way that divinity would take this girl, especially because she would become his pet, his personal slave. He searched for anything that he could be able to kill with and found nothing but an open window. This would be more than enough. He stood, taking her with him, and kissed her before pushing her out.

And he watched her fall, the look of sudden knowledge something priceless in every sense. When her body landed, he looked over the ledge and saw her staring up at him, the broken body in a frenzied looking jig. He went to the street and picked up the body, dumping it into the bushes and walking off. One night with Judas and an eternity spent in hell being passed around to all that could want her wasn’t anything the girl with the dreams that were too big should ever hope for.

Edited by Emotional Outlet

Thanks man. Yeah, I shouldn't have let the Khronicle dying stop me from finishing it in the first place lool

----

Chapter 2

The girl with the dreams that were too big for her little head would have no idea of the challenges and opulent decadency that lay ahead, of the harsh feelings she would feel and be unable to express, of the place she would one day consider home. But for now she saw the darkness, heard a deep thump of a sound, felt something slithering up her leg. She screamed but there was nothing or no one there to prevent this slithering thing from going up her legs and around her neck. She felt it tighten around but couldn’t move her arms, tighter and tighter, squeezing everything out of her. Was she going to die again so soon?

“Listen, that girl is mine. She obsessed over me, not you so go get your own human girl.” That voice was one of the most unmistakable she had ever heard. Where ever she was, he was there. “She sold her soul to me just to see you. So she belongs to me.” A female voice now. They were fighting over her? She felt something sharp jab into her side and twitched. This clearly was the wrong thing to do, because she was pulled to her feet.

“Open your eyes girl.” She opened one eye, one green eye, and opened both in surprise when she saw that Judas was holding her up. He let her fall again after she did what was commanded of her. “That’s no way to treat a slave. Come girl, come to me. You’ll get an endless supply of the most beautiful men any level of being has ever seen.” This woman was the same one from before, only now she was wearing something very short and sheer, with her bosom showing and hip wings folded over, protecting her most intimate area.

“Sophia. This woman will throw you to them, and watch as they ravage you. I would never do such a thing to anyone.” He opened his arms to her, pasting on a faint smile. She blinked a little at the both of them, not noticing that beside her was a tall bat winged man, with his slashes on his cheeks that were barely sewn shut.

“This is the woman that pleased Judas when he was on the surface! She belongs to him.” He turned to her, totally unfazed when she visibly shrank away from him. The woman glared at him. “Be stupid elsewhere Sazael. No one cares about what you think or feel.” Judas shrugged. “See? She belongs to me. Go find your own human girl. Come girl, we have things to do.” He looked her over.

“And you need something to wear before you get kidnapped and destroyed.” She frowned at him and he touched her arm. She slapped his hand away, definitely not expecting him to grab her by the hair and yank her down a set of cold iron stairs to a wooden door. She flailed and tried to get away but he only pulled harder. When they were near the bottom, he let her go and they walked down the rest of the stairs. He shoved her through the door and slammed it behind him, locking it.

She looked around, seeing rich decoration everywhere. Tapestries hung on the iron walls, rugs adorned the iron floors, and the tables and couches were quite tall, with lion claw feet. On the tables there were bottles on trays and boxes filled with things she wasn’t sure she wanted to know about. He saw her attention wandering and snapped twice, catching it again quickly. “Listen girl, the rules of humanity don’t apply here at all. Common social custom dictates that it’s wrong for a man to hit a woman.” He pinched her shoulder, moving his hand before she could slap it away. “Here that doesn’t apply. Need I go on? Now if you want to survive this place, without ending up in a little hole somewhere, you need to pay attention to everything you see.” He sighed, and took her by the hand. “Close your eyes, girl. You don’t need to see my lives.” She closed her eyes and let herself be lead through a maze of doors.

He pinched her again when they were in the inner most room. “Open your eyes, girl.” She blinked and opened her eyes. This room was small and barely lit, with one primitive looking chair, and a literal heap of hay in the corner. There was a wooden door in the corner, that he took her inside of, shutting it behind them. It took her some time to realize that this wasn’t just a closet. It was a goldmine of clothes, all meticulously ordered by time period, with shoes in separate room.

He walked to the far back, pulling out a toga from a hangar and throwing it at her. She looked at it and tried to put it on, but soon realized that it didn’t fit in a proper way. With the way it was on, it ended at the knee but there was literally nothing to cover her chest. He shook his head. “If you want to walk around like that, it’s fine with me.” Sophia tried to arrange her hair to cover her bare bosom, and to her surprise, her hair was brown, but she didn’t say anything.

“Listen girl, we’ve got people to meet. First up is the prince.” He lead her out into the small room and made her close her eyes again before leading her through the rooms that played out his lives on the surface, including the brief one he just had to come and get her, and stopped when they were at the front rooms again. He sat her down on one of the tall couches and grabbed a tumbler off a silver tray that held a square bottle. “But before we go there, let me tell you more about this place.”