Global Warming affecting Earth!

kairay100

There are those that say it's a hoax, there are those that say it wont happen for another 100 years, and then there are people who say it's already begun and we need to do something to slow it down.

There really is no way to stop it, because not everyone will be willing to give up their cars and everything else that is polluting and destroying the ozone.

Really Global Warming will cause an Ice Age. Because as the Earth warms up from Global Warming the Ice Caps melt. The melted ice becomes really cold water that moves closer to the Equator. As it does this, it will alter the warm climate of the water (forget what it's called), which will then change the climates on land and stuff.. until eventually we end up in an Ice Age.

Or so I've heard and read... :/

Global warming is the increase in the average temperature of Earth's near-surface air and oceans since the mid-20th century and its projected continuation. Global surface temperature increased 0.74 ± 0.18 °C (1.33 ± 0.32 °F) between the start and the end of the 20th century.[3][A] The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) concludes that most of the observed temperature increase since the middle of the 20th century was very likely caused by increasing concentrations of greenhouse gases resulting from human activity such as fossil fuel burning and deforestation.[3] The IPCC also concludes that variations in natural phenomena such as solar radiation and volcanic eruptions had a small cooling effect after 1950.[4][5] These basic conclusions have been endorsed by more than 40 scientific societies and academies of science, including all of the national academies of science of the major industrialized countries.[6]

Climate model projections summarized in the latest IPCC report indicate that the global surface temperature is likely to rise a further 1.1 to 6.4 °C (2.0 to 11.5 °F) during the 21st century.[3] The uncertainty in this estimate arises from the use of models with differing sensitivity to greenhouse gas concentrations and the use of differing estimates of future greenhouse gas emissions. Most studies focus on the period leading up to the year 2100. However, warming is expected to continue beyond 2100 even if emissions stop, because of the large heat capacity of the oceans and the long lifetime of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere.[7][8]

An increase in global temperature will cause sea levels to rise and will change the amount and pattern of precipitation, probably including expansion of subtropical deserts.[9] Warming is expected to be strongest in the Arctic and would be associated with continuing retreat of glaciers, permafrost and sea ice. Other likely effects include changes in the frequency and intensity of extreme weather events, species extinctions, and changes in agricultural yields. Warming and related changes will vary from region to region around the globe, though the nature of these regional variations are uncertain.

Political and public debate continues regarding global warming, and what actions to take in response. The available options are mitigation to reduce further emissions; adaptation to reduce the damage caused by warming; and, more speculatively, geoengineering to reverse global warming. Most national governments have signed and ratified the Kyoto Protocol aimed at reducing greenhouse gas emissions.

• 3 months later...
If anything I think its the other way around, I think the earth is cooling, I mean winter here in wisconsin seems to be lasting longer then it use to. but thats just me opinion.

Global Warming is effecting the climate, so at the point the cooler weather where you are is because of it.

Where I'm at the Winter is getting colder and colder each year, and the summer is getting hotter and hotter.

Polar Ice Caps melt, bring cooler water towards the equator which interrupts the water current (forgot the actual name for it), which affects the weather patterns. Pretty much from what I've read, Global Warming will somehow lead to another Ice Age. Sounds weird cause when you think "Global Warming" you think it's going to overheat the globe, but this is what I've read when looking into it. It's been a couple years since I've bothered to look into it, but hey this is the internet, it's easy to Google.

Polar Ice Caps melt, bring cooler water towards the equator which interrupts the water current (forgot the actual name for it), which affects the weather patterns. Pretty much from what I've read, Global Warming will somehow lead to another Ice Age. Sounds weird cause when you think "Global Warming" you think it's going to overheat the globe, but this is what I've read when looking into it. It's been a couple years since I've bothered to look into it, but hey this is the internet, it's easy to Google.

O! interesting. you really do learn somthing new everyday.

• 1 month later...

I think Global warming is a croc of shit. Its Al Gore making millions promoting that garbage. Ok, if he is so concerned why does he drive a Gas-Hog SUV? The earth stays consistent no matter how you look at it. Once upon a time Antarctica was once a tropical island with fruit and stuff. now its all ice. and where their is desert, it was once a jungle. once one area of the earth freezes, the places like antarctica thaw and vis versa. we have nothing to worry about. and besides, if there is global warming, explain why in minnesota we are still have -50 degree winters and still have cold summers? doesnt make sense. its pure speculation gone overboard.

• 3 weeks later...

The thing about the Ice ages is that there part of the earths history, as time goes the climite of the earth fluxuates and we loose the ice caps and then gain them back. I mean look at the time of the Napolion, there was an Ice age there, not as well known as the "Ice age" that caused man to cross into the americas for the first time but it was an ice age. All an Ice Age does is reset the climite of the earth. Or that is what iv heard....

well, in my opinion the world could just heal itself but can't do it because of industrial wastes from cars and stuff. but since vehicles have been used as a mode of transport for people and technology is finding new ways to help improve life then waste would be a by-product of such advancements...that's why even if the ozone layer is depleting the state of the earth and also human will adapt to it.

You guys should go onto youtube or google video and watch the documentary called THE GREAT GLOBAL WARMING SWINDLE.

And you should also look up the topic called "climategate."

Turns out the IPCC was created to fake data so that certain companies could make a lot of money, and the fake data is the data supporting global warming. Most scientists don't believe that man-made global warming is a current problem.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The debate is flawed in it's initial assumption. It should be title Global Climate Change...

A profound difference exists between Global Warming/Cooling (an inevitable reality), and Man Made Global Warming/Cooling (a political/economical swindle...to say the least). Earth's climate has always changed, and these changes have always been radical. We, as humans have been fortunate enough to enjoy a period of relative stability - specially in the Sun's activity. The science is there, the proof well documented. Unfortunately humans tend to have very bad memories, and most choose ignorance over knowledge and research. Thus, the cycle of psychopaths/swindlers/liars and corrupted idiots that we keep empowering.

As a memory, I leave you with The Medieval Warm Period, followed by The "Little Ice Age" - that shifted the balance of power from Scandinavia to Southern Europe (and no, the Vikings didn't drive SUV's). This period is particularly important to current event, since the Swindlers choose to compare the current planet's temperature to the oldest recorded values (late XIX century, smack in the middle of the "Little Ice Age" - which lasted into the first decade of the XX century).

As a reminder » The earth isn't the only place in the solar system that is heating up, nor is it the most radical. All planets and major satellites (the melting of the Methane seas on Europa comes to mind) in the solar system are in a process of "Global Warming". Maybe, and this might be a little far-fetched, that giant ball of fire that rises in the sky every morning has something to do with it!?!?!?

P.S. » As of this moment no SUV's or large industrial complexes have been detected on Mars (that has radically heated in the last two decades). It seems that he Martians prefer to walk and to hug trees...go figure...

A question, as put by Krishnamurti: "Man has been on earth for thousands of years, some say more, others say less, but man has been here for a long time. In all that time he invented thousands of gods, thousands of messiahs, millions of gurus, and has been ruled by billions of leaders. What has man gotten in return, in those thousands of years that man has been on this planet how far has he really evolved? Since he first left his cave and started fighting over land, women, power, and is favorite god/messiah/guru...how much has man really evolved, how far did his faith of choice bring him?"

• 2 months later...

I am not certain if this is happening or not, But either way there is nothing I can do about this. I don't drive a car or really do much that would pollute or w/e for my own reasons. But I know that people have gotten so used to our way of living that they will never go back. By popular vote we will keep driving cars and all of that stuff. Only when the world is nearly gone will anything happen. That is just the way this world is. When it happens if it does they will point their fingers at everyone else when it was all of us who did this. We will be our own doom. However I don't know if global warming is true but I just know whats going to happen if it is. A lot of people will not accept the changes and those doing things like selling cars will be out of jobs and money.

So basically if it's true one way or another the world will go to shit.

can we fix it?:confuse:

Human Solution: Colonize a new planet and mess it up : D j/k they would probably be more cafeful if one planet was already half gone. But no I don't believe so