Play Burned Ps2 Games On Ps3

cloud1414

find a torrent for alcohol 120%, thats what i use to rip and burn the isos i download. and you can buy swapmagic for like $20-30 for both the dvd and cd discs, since the first ps2 games were on cds. and just look on youtube for how to mod your ps2 to play burned games. i used the tape and tissue mod for my thin ps2. hope that helps

my friend was able to play genesis games off his flash drive but i dont remember how, i cant use the usb ports on my ps2 since sony fucked with them on the newer models on the thin ps2s.

I've got one of the original PS2's... xD Had it since like the year they came out or maybe it was the year after?

So you've got to mod the console? That sucks... I was hoping to just be able to burn the disc and they play just like any other game. :/

• 3 weeks later...

I don't think any PS3 console can play a burned disc of a game without being opened up. It would be easier to just play them on the original system. The easiest system to play burned games on is the PS1, but only for PS1 games. The method to play them only requires you to have the disc tray sensors depressed (you can use a screwdriver and use the power cord to hold it on if it is a small one). You must then put an official PS1 game in. Turn it on. When you hear it speed up, switch it with the burned disc. It will come to the black PS screen. It wil slow down, speed up, and slow down. Replace the disc again. It should then start speeding up again. Replace the disc again, and it should start running. I believe this can also be done with the slim PS2, but you have to open it up in order to block one of the disc tray sensors. The method described for the PS1 is know as the double swap method. It can be found on Youtube and GameFAQs (somewhere). The PS2 will need a modchip, a gameshark disc, or a swapmagic to play PS2 games.

• 2 weeks later...
Hey if you have a slim ps2 all you need to do is the tissue paper and tape softmod. just look it up on google or youtube. buy swap magic. and you are set to play imports and backups.

Thats what I use and it still works to this day and its been like that for about 2 years now.

Sounds interesting. It seems easy enough to do. I'll be sure to try this out some time.

Hey if you have a slim ps2 all you need to do is the tissue paper and tape softmod. just look it up on google or youtube. buy swap magic. and you are set to play imports and backups.

Thats what I use and it still works to this day and its been like that for about 2 years now.

I have heard that a PS2 will only work for about 5 years using that method, before breaking down.

• 3 weeks later...
my friend was able to play his burned games without modding his fat ps2, i dont remember much but he patched his burned game with some patch, did something to his memory card, and put a file on his flash drive, sorry i dont remember more. try google and see what you can find out :)

This way is called McBoot. you use a mem32 memory card to flash an original ps2 memory card and then flash the ps2. this way opens the ps2 to homebrew and that is where ESR comes in. use this to play copied games.

http://bootleg.sksapps.com/tutorials/fmcb/index.php