Cheetos or Doritos?

Monad-Gnostis

Just now, Green Dragoon said:

Yes ma'am/sir! One of the ingredient has garlic in it, the Hot Cheetos that is.

Sounds good to me! I like garlic anyway. I'll try to go grocery shopping this evening or go by a gas station to find some.

100th post!

• 2 months later...

I haven't tried either. Don't believe we have them here...

On 1/20/2024 at 11:28 PM, Koby said:

But damn chips as a whole have gotten expensive. $6 for a bag of Doritos here...

Wow, is the serving size big at least? Or is that just for a regular sized chip bag?

On 3/31/2024 at 12:55 AM, Arisien said:

I haven't tried either. Don't believe we have them here...

Wow, is the serving size big at least? Or is that just for a regular sized chip bag?

I never really look at the suggested serving size on the back lol. But this was the so called "party size" sized bag that is like 14.5 oz.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/20/2024 at 2:50 PM, Green Dragoon said:

Back when I was introduced for Cheetos, The original first, then I tried Hot Cheetos from a sibling of mine I think. It was really spicy back then, I couldn't handle it one bit. It was back in 1st-2nd grade. Ahhhhhhh the vibe. Now, Hot Cheetos is my fav.

On 1/20/2024 at 3:22 PM, Zemekis said:

I haven't ever tried them. I'll get some this weekend now that you said they're good.

3 months late...but I did go get some that weekend! I even took pictures to prove it (I found a few others I hadn't tried before, so I got the entire line-up):

Spoiler

e3rnhy.jpgu7d5jc.jpg2506gb.jpg

A brief review, since you waited so long...
Chester's Fries Flamin' Hot - These didn't taste like anything. Kinda like a bad knockoff of Andy Capp's Hot Fries. If they didn't have red dust on them & I hadn't read the bag, I wouldn't have known that these were supposed to be spicy. Worst of the three, 3/10

Crunchy Cheetos Buffalo - These were alright, I'd get them again once in a while. Again, the flavor wasn't very strong...it feels like they're being cheap with the seasoning on these. What flavor there was was still good. 6/10
Flamin' Hot Crunchy Cheetos - Best of the bunch. Flavorful & addicting to keep munching on. I'll get these again soon. 8/10 (I heard that they used to be better years ago, is this true?)

Edited by Zemekis

16 hours ago, Zemekis said:

3 months late...but I did go get some that weekend! I even took pictures to prove it (I found a few others I hadn't tried before, so I got the entire line-up):

Hide contents

e3rnhy.jpgu7d5jc.jpg2506gb.jpg

A brief review, since you waited so long...
Chester's Fries Flamin' Hot - These didn't taste like anything. Kinda like a bad knockoff of Andy Capp's Hot Fries. If they didn't have red dust on them & I hadn't read the bag, I wouldn't have known that these were supposed to be spicy. Worst of the three, 3/10

Crunchy Cheetos Buffalo - These were alright, I'd get them again once in a while. Again, the flavor wasn't very strong...it feels like they're being cheap with the seasoning on these. What flavor there was was still good. 6/10
Flamin' Hot Crunchy Cheetos - Best of the bunch. Flavorful & addicting to keep munching on. I'll get these again soon. 8/10 (I heard that they used to be better years ago, is this true?)

My man/gal! That sounds about right. Haven't ate Flamin' Fries in a hot minute, not fond of it as well. As for the Buffalo, never tried it. Buffalo in general, I'm not too crazy about it. They mostly salty I think. I might be sort of fond from the Costco one, a Foster Farm brand. I like eating with rice and mix veggie (typical peas and carrots.) Going a bit off topic and all.

The seasoning is what's up. The original Hot Cheetos, I'm thinking it's always the same taste since day 1, when it introduced me, in my experience.

• Like 1