Bruce Lee in the UFC?

shyguysteve

Okay, wasn't sure where to post this, so I i posted here since I really wanna know people's opinions.

So most of us here know who Bruce Lee is (I'm assuming), he was a master of the martial arts.

Martial arts is the extension of ones self-being through the physical body, and Bruce Lee for lack of a better word became a legend through his passion for the martial arts.

Even today his physical standards and health condition has not been met by a another person.

My question for the folks of Kametsu forums is, if Bruce Lee was still alive, do you think he would have been champion of the UFC for his weight class.

even the heavy weight champ if he desired it?

Keep in mind most people always say that because he was small and mainly used kung fu that he wouldn't have lasted long.

But people should also remember Bruce Lee also knew how to wrestle and box and much more. He was one of the first mixed martial artists the world has ever seen and defeated the masters in china that warned Bruce Lee not to train outsiders the secrets of kung fu.

I personally think he would have made UFC men cry.

But what do you think?

Opinion is opinion there is no right or wrong answer.

I think that, given the fact hat he would be 71 now if he'd lived, and the fact that no matter how well you take care of your body, thing don't work as well as you get older, I don't think he would have done nearly as well as people think.

Now, if you took him in his prime and tossed him into the UFC, no contest there. He'd leave a trail of broken bones and crushed dreams in his wake.

I think that, given the fact hat he would be 71 now if he'd lived, and the fact that no matter how well you take care of your body, thing don't work as well as you get older, I don't think he would have done nearly as well as people think.

Now, if you took him in his prime and tossed him into the UFC, no contest there. He'd leave a trail of broken bones and crushed dreams in his wake.

that is one of interesting things about the many reasons Bruce Lee became a legend.

a lot of what he did at the time he was alive was all for physical health and strength benefits.

now today there are some health guides that pretty much outline his diet, saying this actually keeps you younger.

so few people that exist in today's world hardly even take this to its full potential.

i honestly believe even he was alive and 70+ years of age he would still dominate.

take a look at his American karate counter part, Chuck Norris that guy is old, (Same age as Bruce Lee) but he doesn't look as old as his actual age.

A 70 year old man can't match the endurance and strength of the people in there late twenties. I think he could probably still take out some untrained youths if they gave him problems, but I don't think you give these UFC fighters enough credit. They are not at the pinnacle of their profession like Bruce Lee was, but they are still tough.

• 5 months later...

If he trained more BJJ and continued his blending of the martial arts I don't see why he couldn't take on the lower weight classes. 135, 145 & possibly 155. There's no way in hell he could hand with anyone in the heavies though. That's just ridiculous to even imagine.

You've seen how buff Lee was and he weighed less than 145. The heavyweights max out at 265. Bruce would be crushed.

It is interesting to consider how any UFC style fights would turn out.

I think Bruce Lee in his prime would dominate his weight class, despite having no BJJ training. I think he has the speed and skill to keep the fight on the feet long enough to put a similar sized fighter away.

As for against a heavyweight I think it would be hit and miss. If a heavyweight landed a good punch it would be lights out, however Bruce Lee was famed for his speed and would be difficult to hit. Bruce could take the guy apart owing to heavyweights generally being much slower than lighter fighters.