Random Talk.

Talena Mae

I've got the opposite problem (probably because I logged in late) ^^;. Too dark! *starts digging around the themes to find something at least moderately light as the background*. Although... my avatar and sig look bomb on a dark background :D.

Edited by Dae314

So my dad and I were at Taco Bell earlier today.  The girl asked him if he wanted any sauces.  He was like, "Yeah I'll have the Grande sauce." She was like, "Uhhhh". Then my dad was like, "Oh oops sorry I meant to say the Verde sauce....  I was thinking Starbucks haha."  Then the girl just started going crazy laughing. Like seriously. It's like she hasn't heard a joke all day.  

I found it a little funny not because the joke was good (it was pretty laaaame), but because my dad doesn't drink Starbucks.  We we both laughed later though because the girl thought it was that funny.

Yes, it is useful for people like me who take forever to respond, only to discover later that a reply has come up. I still miss it on occasion, especially when I'm on my phone.

That is pretty weird about the Taco Bell girl. I think I laugh too little when people I am not overly familiar with tell me jokes. My days are spent wondering if I made anyone feel awkward around me because I am not responding to them with the amount of emotion expected of me.

Wasn't there a Spongebob episode where he wasn't allowed to laugh because he thought it would break his laughbox? Hmm.

That blew up in popularity a while ago, didn't it? I think that hit when I was in tech school and I didn't want to be one of those people who stayed in their rooms all day marathoning every single show in existence.

I went to a baptism today and my friend (the father of the baby) was telling us that as soon as they put the water on his head, he pooped. I held the baby for a bit at their house and we exchanged faces for about a half hour before I had to sign some paperwork. Another set of friends have a little girl who farted for about thirty seconds straight during mass.

Also, Catholics are really terrifying?? I was kind of scared the whole time I was in the church, trying to follow along with all the songs and readings and stuff. (I'm an agnostic atheist.)

• Like 1

Any religion that practices some type of regimentation in behavior is scary the first time. Similar to if you walked into a goth bar dressed in street clothes. You don't know how to act, you don't know how to dress, you don't know what to say, and it's a socially scary situation. Then you get over it and talk to the people like they're still people and you find out that a lot of them are still people who simply know the patterns of their life better than you do and aren't offended that you don't.

Although... Catholics do have that long history of religious persecution with the principal method of conversion being excruciating execution hanging over them so that can make it a bit more scary than normal >.>. You should know that modern Catholicism doesn't do that anymore though ^^.