Random Talk.

Talena Mae

Because despite thinking that the past is archaic and irrelevant, society believes that everybody in the past who was ever the least bit significant could perform physics defying feats and had access to hidden magic tomes that foretold the future with 100% accuracy. Tomes that we've since forgotten in our seemingly advanced yet backward society. Because the present's always shit, the future's always foggy, and the past is always mystical.

Science fiction authors have been able to predict the future sometimes.

Stanislaw Lem's "Return from the stars" predicted the coming of the tablet and Kindle. (Electronic reading devices with touch screens)  George Orwell's "1984" predicted the coming of electronic surveillance. Mark Twain predicted the coming of the internet. (Though his version used phones instead of computers)  Aurthur C Clark "2001 a space odyssey" predicted online newspapers. Edward Bellamy "Looking backward" Credit cards.

• Like 1

My smartphone's internet capability is off 99% of the time to save battery. I turn it on when I want it which is almost never since that enables ads to pop up when I play my 100% local games :P.

If you have an Android device, you can root it and install some type of ad-blocker. It's worth it when you need the screen real estate in a game.

But rooting it at this point requires me to wipe the phone >.>''' I was originally gonna root it, but then I forgot and put on most of my data before I remembered then said screw it. Plus ad blockers don't save my battery.

Edited by Dae314

You mean old dial-up stuff? Did you know that it literally used to be that you had to phone into a server, and the server would send out little sounds over the phone line that could be interpreted by early modems? The modem would communicate with the server in the same way ^^.

Edited by Dae314