Anime You've Recently Completed?

Kid Ryan

The last anime that I have recently completed was Cowboy Bebop. I am not a major fan of old animes but after hearing from people about how great a series i was missing out on , i decided to watch it. I honestly must say that the series was an EXCELLENT anime classic that I feel stupid for not watching any sooner. The music, the characters, the plot were all well executed and seem to be even better than today's common anime. I would rate this one a 10/10. Truly a masterpiece.

The last series I actually finished was Digimon Tamers (season 3) I would say it's about a 7/10. It's better than the first two series I would say because there are more grown up elements to it, I also think there is more emotional growth in the characters, especially Rika. I also love the voice of Calumon, the way he's so happy, ALL the time. Shame Tommy sucks in Frontier... sigh Digimon Frontier is pants.

School Days. Unremarkable series with (ugh) no likable character. I give it a four or five out of ten.

The male protagonist is deplorable; the two female protagonists, disgraceful. And that's exactly what the series tries to highlight.

Didn't exactly care.

Utewarerumono (Subbed) 8.5

Not only is the storyline upbeat and interesting, but it actually takes a while to establish the support characters. It was also cool having characters with animal tails and ears; different clans being based on a different animal. Basically, I liked the art as well. It did feel a bit reminiscent of the story of Jesus. Good or bad, depends on the reader there.

The only part I didn't like was the ending. I felt a bit confused when some of the character background at the end fell into place, and addressing each of the support characters at the end seemed kinda dumb to me.

I watched three series with friends over the weekend:

Ikkitousen 8/10

Ikkitousen: Dragon Destiny 7/10

Canaan 7/10

The Ikkitousen series are always going to be a hit. Not only is the constant butt/boob shots hilariously over the top it also has a good story behind it. I actually have several copies of 'Romance of the Three Kingdoms' on which it is based on my shelf. One of my friends chose to describe it as DBZ with hot woman. As for the second series, I was a little disappointed that they didn't stay with the same voice actors (English dub) and that Hakufu was made to a lesser character, hence the slightly lower mark.

Moving onto Canaan, I was actually pleasantly surprised by it. I was given a whole bunch of things to watch including this and I will most definitely see if I can buy a UK version. However there were some things that didn't make sense. This was later explained when I researched the show to find there are story continuations from a Japan only Wii game. Still, it didn't detract too much from an action-packed anime.