Parallel worlds?

xNoName

Eh, I was reading a student-edition newspaper and was appalled on reading about the Multiverse (Parallel universe) theory. Here is the Wikipedia link, if you wanna know. Since I'm too damn interested in all this cosmology and universe stuff, I always end up glaring at them. Sometimes even laughing at some theories. Also, this reminds me of the stuff Kotomi used to talk about in the anime series Clannad; the thing her parents were researching on. DAMN, What do you – the people of Kametsu – think about it? As for me, I have to come out of dreams to write a Tl;DR. Well, sorta...

The parrallel world theory is a novel idea indeed. It allows humanity to stop feeling guilty about things they have done, with the typical "must've happened somewhere" philosophy. On the other hand, from a quantum physicist's point of view it is the all powerful holy grail. Proof of the Multiverse would be like proof of gravity, with many concepts around quantum physics being revised and revisited. The idea that dark matter is the interaction of gravity from these "otherverses" pushing into our reality is a very farfetched, yet interesting concept.

Btw, you didnt really specify what type of parrellelity you wish to discuss. I dont know if that wiki page specifies but there are three main concepts. The first being the large "astral" plane (not in the traditional sense, but more similar to a huge universe encompassing universes; see the film The One) where all life is connected throughout the multiverse, meaning the "share" a conciousness so to speak. There is then the overlapping realities theory which is the most explored concept and my favourite. As llama said earlier Terry Pratchett explores it, albeit in a humourous manner, while the His Dark Materials trilogy explores it in depth. The third is the quantum multiverse, which is probably the most complicated of the three and is illustrated but not explained in various media and literal works.

• 1 month later...

To many people wont believe or agree until they themselves have some sort of physical proof. I'd like to think that other worlds 'parallel worlds' exist.

With each cross roads in each of our lives we will make a choice, go left or right. Depending on which we choose could create a 'parallel' world so to speak. In which when we choose left, the parallel world we created will choose right. We would be non the wiser knowing that this could or could not happen. Saying it doesn't is as feeble as not believing someones idea for there being a parallel world without physical proof.

To each their own, if you don't want to believe you wont.

In my mind, parallel worlds would exist quite easily, and I find them to be an explanation for what creates our universe, and the heat death that eventually will destroy it.

With the conservation of energy, it all has to go somewhere, and if that means there are billions of parallel worlds slowly being drained of energy to make new ones, it is a good theory to have on the cyclical nature of time/space.

I kind of believe in multiverse because if you think about it, back then people think Earth is the center of the universe, then it is discovered that Earth cycles around the sun with other planets, then we realized that we are in a galaxy filled with millions of other stars. Then we discovered that there are millions other galaxy... so thinking if beyond our universe is other universe seems pretty believable.

Maybe in the far future when we have technology to see far beyond the end of our universe; we just might see other universe?