Legendary Anime shows ever made.

Diablo

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

Wow I noticed that most named are more recent ones or still on going. This thread seems to be more of a fan thing than any thing else. How ever. Animes designated legendary earn the seal of bad assitude. Shown bellow. To me for an anime to gain legendary status it has to fit these criteria.

1.Influence. How well has the anime influenced anime as a whole. Adding an art style or creating a genre and so on.

2.Fan base. Animes that become great tend to have larger fanbases. (There are exceptions) This fan base tends to last years after the anime is finished.

3.Quality. Usually the greats have something going for them. Weather great actors were chosen or the animators did an great job and even a well done script.

For me the animes that earn the seal of bad assitude are.

1. Full metal panic. This anime was the creation of Shoji Gatoh. It was created under the premise to create an anime that had all the main elements of good animes at the time. It was vary well received, so much so that two unplanned seasons were created due to the demand by the fans.

2. Gundam. This series was vary genre defining. It was so influential during creation that you can still see things created more than 30 years ago.

3. Macross. Despite a sketchy start and a few bumps like Gundam the series is still going strong. It is also one of the top high grossing animes of Japan.

4. The works of Leiji Matsumoto. Since 1974 he has become extremely famous as a manga writer and director. His works include Space battleship Yamoto, Galexy express 999 and even Interstella 5555. His style has even aided several art styles and created genres.

For now I'll list these. There are a few more, but I figure this will do for now.

hmmmm

I'd have to say that my 'legendary' anime are...

1. FMAB-It rarely misses a beat and the characters are awesome.

2. Code Geass-Hard not to love something so cheesy, yet so ethralling.

3. One Piece-500+ eps, must be doing something right, even though it does have its low points.

4. The neon genesis evangelion series/movie etc- Brilliant anime until everyone becomes miserable emos.

5. Sword of the stranger (movie)-just for that ending fight, it send shivers down my spine with its awesomeness.