Rosario + Vampire Capu2 Massacred by Censors

Koby

censorshipvampire9hq6.jpg

Ecchi vampire anime Rosario + Vampire Capu2 has become the target of utterly draconian and shameless censorship it seems, with the crude mutilation of the title not even bothering to resort to the figurative and literal fig leaf of regional physics. Viewers are treated to mysterious pantsu occluding bats, amongst other efforts at DVD sales promotion.

15871448xrosarioplusvamct8.png

19886448xcensorshipvampre2.jpg

Censorship marketing anime Rosario + Vampire Capu2 continues to experience a plague of bats, and, lately, bears. The brazen and utterly pointless censorship seems rapidly to be eroding the positive reception (such as it was) the series received from fans.

rosarioplusvampirecapu2nq7.png

By now, it seems practically certain that these marks are put in solely to give a boost to DVD sales, assuming the series has any fans left by its conclusion. What other explanation could there be?

rosarioplusvampirecapu2jv9.th.jpg

• 1 year later...

I don't think they should censor any of it... I liked it the way it was, even though I'm a girl saying this... But, it was a unique yet funny part of the anime, which I'd never seen before in any other. What a shame T^T... Also, what kind of company chooses a stuffed bear (licking his lips), and a bat as their censoring tools...? Another thing... doesn't this make it seem worse too? I mean, if you're watching this for the first time, not knowing that their used to be underwear under the censoring, then wouldn't it seem to that person that that character isn't wearing anything underneath those extremely short skirts in the first place? Anyway, that's just my thinking, maybe it might help sales and everything, but still, I'm against it. xD

• 3 weeks later...

Censors seem to forget that just because it's a animated series, doesn't mean its for kids! The same censorship would have never even been applied to a live action series! I rather loathe what some English speaking countries have done when translating and releasing certain anime titles. These titles should be PROPERLY RATED AND LABELED and be released uncut so that their target audience can be reached. Dumbing a series down for the American audience is atrocious in my opinion, no matter the eechi level. You don't see people putting "pedo-bears" face over the undies of girls in live action films do you? I can say this as a confident heterosexual, but the women in anime tend to be MUCH better looking than real women! I would love to see some REAL women's under garments censored out and spare me the mental scarring of ugly females flaunting what they DO NOT have in live action film...

And the Manga was much better in the first place... There- rant complete...

Censors seem to forget that just because it's a animated series, doesn't mean its for kids! The same censorship would have never even been applied to a live action series! I rather loathe what some English speaking countries have done when translating and releasing certain anime titles. These titles should be PROPERLY RATED AND LABELED and be released uncut so that their target audience can be reached. Dumbing a series down for the American audience is atrocious in my opinion, no matter the eechi level. You don't see people putting "pedo-bears" face over the undies of girls in live action films do you? I can say this as a confident heterosexual, but the women in anime tend to be MUCH better looking than real women! I would love to see some REAL women's under garments censored out and spare me the mental scarring of ugly females flaunting what they DO NOT have in live action film...

And the Manga was much better in the first place... There- rant complete...

This was done in Japan, not America.

All Anime released in America on DVD is uncensored.

Japan has to censor their hentai though, but this was how they censored the TV airing in Japan. Rosario + Vampire was uncensored when released on DVD other there though.

Another thing, this topic is 2 years old and was posted during the Japanese Airing.

This was done in Japan, not America.

All Anime released in America on DVD is uncensored.

Japan has to censor their hentai though, but this was how they censored the TV airing in Japan. Rosario + Vampire was uncensored when released on DVD other there though.

Another thing, this topic is 2 years old and was posted during the Japanese Airing.

I watched it when it came out in Japan 2 years ago. I guess I did not look at the date this thread was started. The series was comedic, so I never took it seriously that the bats had a purpose aside from comedic relief. I assumed that this thread was started because of the English release of the series. Sorry...