Ichigo's Dad

LordLi1

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's what makes me so mad, they reveal ichigo's dad is a soul reaper then don't go into detail about it, i mean even ichigo doesn't even know YET, like everyone said a little more detail would be nice

Actually he knows, as his dad trained him a bit, however Ichigo simply told his dad he'd wait till Isshin was ready on his own to explain things, which hasn't happened. So while Ichigo knows his dad is a Soul Reaper he still doesn't have any answers and neither do we. :/

I might be missing something but I thought that was common knowledge, correct me if I'm wrong but didn't he say that he didn't want Ichigo to make the same mistake as him ? and seeing as he was a Soul Reaper and doesn't have his power anymore it was very simple to figure it out.

He could have simply lost his powers due to the Gigai given to him by Urahara for all we know. After all Urahara did make one for Rukia which prevented her powers from coming back and suppressed it to keep her hidden. Some say he was the captain Kenpachi replaced and that he faked his death, escaped to the real world, had Urahara make him a reiatsu suppressing gigai, and fell in love and had some kids. The fact that Ichigo has obtained Soul Reaper, Hollow, and now Fullbring powers suggest that's it's possible his mother could have been a Fullbring at one point perhaps, who else would he have inherited it from? Odd enough though you'd think if she had any ability at all that she'd have been able to fight back against the hollow.

Yeah Koby, if she had any powers herself other than to see gosts and hallows then she wouldn't have "gone" so easy. (Who says she "is" dead anyway. There was never any body found. Food for thought.) Sides, my god if she had a speck of what lay dorment in Ichigo (at the time) then she would have snapped it in half and walked away hand in hand with the son she so dearly loved and still been home in time to cook dinner. :-)

I'm like the rest of you too. I think a little back story on dear old Dad would be great. Who else would Ichigo get it from? He must have been massive in power to have been able to leave the 13 Court Guard and not ended up in the prison designed for those who quit their posistions. You've seen how Urahara and the others just about didn't make it out when this whole hollowfication thing started. So for a lone Soul Reaper to get out, must have been massive.

We only got to see the tip of the iceburg in the fight that we learn he was a Soul reaper. Wish that lasted longer. If the Author is looking to do more filler as I have heard, a side story of how his dad was a Soul Reaper and how he met Itchigo's Mom, that would be some filler I would love to see.

• 4 weeks later...
I think Isshin is going to be a fascinating back story, I just hope they bring it along soon. It will probably be a 'filler' to break up the next arc a bit though, similar to 'the past'.

I wouldn't actually mind a filler like that. Isshin is definitely interesting, but lacking soooo much story to him.