Shows with a Most Excellent Soundtrack

BlasterMaster

Some shows have low key music, or grating generic j-pop soundtracks.

There are some, however, that rise above their bogus peers and produce a most excellent soundtrack. This topic is for them.

Two that pop into my head immediately are Soul Eater and Gurren Lagann. I don't think there was a single song in Gurren Lagann I disliked. Whoever was in charge there is a genius.

Soul Eater is rad too, but there were a few endings I disliked. Whenever Strength by abingdon boys school came on, I would just stop watching the episode. The rest of the soundtrack is great. There's probably something for everyone on there.

I could really go on forever. Shows like Cowboy Bebop, Darker than Black and Bleach, among many, many more all have amazing music, but I'll leave it to the rest of you to list them.

discuss

I'll admit that Bleach's opening and endings are pretty amazing, but the actual music that plays during events has worn on me after so many years of it being the same. The music that plays when Ichigo or another random good guy is about to win a battle (the only one that actually has lyrics) never really felt like it really fit for me either.

Check out Vampire Knight for a great soundtrack.

I few i'd recommend:

Angel Beats, Girls Dead Monster are just awesome:

Ichiban no Takaramono <-- my favourite song of theres, from my fave part of Angel Beats, (ep 10 near the end, think it also appears on ep 13)

My Song

Brave song

Crow Song and few others just to name a few try searching for them on youtube :D

Naruto's various OST's especially shippuden 2

I'm fan of Jun Maeda so not just Angel Beats but Kanon, Clannad+After Story, i haven't heard full ost to Air yet however,

Blood+ has a fantastic orchestrated ost

I like Code Geass's music only for the 4 Hitomi song that i love, Story, Continued story and 2 others

Elfen Lied for Lilium

ofc there are a few other animes i have seen which i liked the OP's too but i can't remember every tune so i'll leave my list at that :)

• 2 weeks later...