Question of the week

Kappuchu

Here it is:

Do you believe in ghosts? If so, why? If not, why?

I donnot want ansers like: "Yes, I do." or "No, I don't."

Here my answer:

Normally I'm a non-allien and non-ghost believer, but after one incident I ended up believing in paranormal phenomens. It was, if I recall it, in 2009 and I was at a B-day party of one of my friends. It was about 10 p.m. when we decided to go on the street and play some football. We played and played, until I hit the ball so hard that it ended in a neighbours garden, of course that's what I thought at first. When we got in front of the gate, we looked better at the house. It looked like crap: old, old-fashioned and it looked abandoned. My friend told me that noone lived there since they moved in, about 3 years or so. Of course the girls were freacked out because they didn't want to go there so the boys were left to decide who to go to take the ball. And guess who was the fool who gone?! Me, because it was my fault, they said!! I jumped over the gate and looked around. Everything was covered in spiders web and there was no sign of somebody in the house. Anyway, while I was going towards the garden I experienced some wierd phenomens. ( I think I pissed my pants back then, when this happened ) First there was this blowing wind, which I don't know where the hell it came from, because the meterologists said that it will be a calm, non-cloudy night, and then the ball came at me, as if someone KICKED IT! I ran away as quicly as I could. While running I looked on the house's window and I saw a dark human shape making the hand sign: :byebye: . I freaked out more and I jumped over the gate so quickly like Superman. When I told the others about everything that's happened they laughed and they told me that there was no wind blowing. WTF ?!

From that day on, I believed in paranormal activities. And seriously, its bad if you get to know them by our own, like I did.

I feel like I should be around a camp fire right now. =D

Anywho, ever the skeptic I don't give much credence to paranormal phenomena. It seems like a lot of these things can usually be explained as coincidence, and what can't be explained is usually people's minds playing tricks on them. I'm a firm believer that belief is power, and if you believe enough in something (whether that belief is fueled by fear, devotion, or any other motivating factor) you will experience it regardless (if only in your mind). I myself have been in many different circles and around many bizarre events and I usually find that, no matter how they explain it, it is sheer belief that gets the job done. So, no, I don't believe in ghosts, but I do believe that people believe in ghosts, and, to some, that makes them real enough. Just not to me.

Here it is:

Do you believe in ghosts? If so, why? If not, why?

I donnot want ansers like: "Yes, I do." or "No, I don't."

Here my answer:

Normally I'm a non-allien and non-ghost believer, but after one incident I ended up believing in paranormal phenomens. It was, if I recall it, in 2009 and I was at a B-day party of one of my friends. It was about 10 p.m. when we decided to go on the street and play some football. We played and played, until I hit the ball so hard that it ended in a neighbours garden, of course that's what I thought at first. When we got in front of the gate, we looked better at the house. It looked like crap: old, old-fashioned and it looked abandoned. My friend told me that noone lived there since they moved in, about 3 years or so. Of course the girls were freacked out because they didn't want to go there so the boys were left to decide who to go to take the ball. And guess who was the fool who gone?! Me, because it was my fault, they said!! I jumped over the gate and looked around. Everything was covered in spiders web and there was no sign of somebody in the house. Anyway, while I was going towards the garden I experienced some wierd phenomens. ( I think I pissed my pants back then, when this happened ) First there was this blowing wind, which I don't know where the hell it came from, because the meterologists said that it will be a calm, non-cloudy night, and then the ball came at me, as if someone KICKED IT! I ran away as quicly as I could. While running I looked on the house's window and I saw a dark human shape making the hand sign: :byebye: . I freaked out more and I jumped over the gate so quickly like Superman. When I told the others about everything that's happened they laughed and they told me that there was no wind blowing. WTF ?!

From that day on, I believed in paranormal activities. And seriously, its bad if you get to know them by our own, like I did.

a lot of the time homeless people brake into houses either that or your friend was just wrong about no one living there, lots of people just keep to themselves. The wind blowing is just something that randomly happens without any need for anything.

I don't really believe in ghosts I have yet to encounter anything like that. Most things can just be explained. Sure your still scared though, I think I'd be scared walking around in a dark backyard garden. I'm still scared of spiders and creepy people.

nope.

theres a graveyard and abandoned church about 10-15 metres outside our kitchen window but it doesn't frighten me.

I usually go outside to check my horses around 11pm everynight as well, but can't say I've ever felt afraid of ghosts or any other 'unknown' entity.

Saying that, horror films scare the shit out of me. Makes no sense.

Well I've got a question for you,

have you ever seen a person who isnt

there at the corner of your periphery?

that people is our own brain seing phantom

images of people that we hadnt actually seen,

those people we havent seen yet are made-up

from your own brain, if you want anymore info

I've got nothing more to say I'll have to research

it.

• 1 month later...
Hmm ... I guess ur right. Maybe my brain made it up out of fear. Still, it was strange! I'd like to hear more opinions about this matter.

This is an interesting topic. I was a skeptic myself when it came to the existence of ghosts and paranormal activity but I can tell you something that happened in my house.

My mum was overtaken by a spirit and it was horrifying to see my mum unconscious of what she was doing, telling things about where the spirit roamed and why, and even though she was struck with a cane to bring her to her senses, she didn't feel a single blow and finally she fell.

When she did wake up properly, she couldn't remember a single thing..............not the words she spoke, the blows she got or her falling. I know people would say she was probably sleepwalking or lying but my mother is neither of those. A sleepwalker can be brought to consciousness quickly and she definitely isn't a liar, and no, she wasn't hypnotised or anything.

So that's my personal experience..............she used to see shadows in the house and voices calling her. I think I saw enough to dispel my earlier belief and agreed that the supernatural does exist. They do say seeing is believing!