anime with the best soundtrack?

suyash_shetty

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Some people are probably going to hate me for this and possibly accuse me of being un-authentic, but I liked the sound track of the original English dub of Initial D. The one by tokyopop and DJ Milky. It totally fit the theme of car racers. The japanese soundtrack just sucks. It sounds like eurotrash music, which just does NOT fit the whole 'racer vibe'.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Although Cowboy Bebop is very, very good, the one of Samurai Champloo tops it all off. In my opinion THE best of all time. I listen to it all the time on its own, but it also works perfectly within the series itself.

I would say the same, except the other way around. I like the soundtracks of Samurai Champloo and Ghost in the Shell, but the absolute best, both to listen to on its own and in its ability to give the anime an extra dimension, is the soundtrack of Cowboy Bebop. Other works by Yoko Kanno are pretty good, too.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Limiting myself to series where I actually enjoy most of the soundtrack and not just particular songs, .hack// would have to be what I've listened to the most. Setting aside everything Yuki Kajiura is involved in, I would have to say FLCL, Cowboy Bebop, Hellsing (original), Beck (edit: how could I forget...), and Someday's Dreamers 1+2 (Mahou Tsukai ni Taisetsu na Koto) also come to mind.

Edited by Moebius Strip