Not Guilty!

It's perfectly clear that she is Guilty, and I think the court was retarded for ruling otherwise. Anyone who has ever had a caring mother, or been a caring parent themselves would see this be the case. No one would wait a month to call police to say their child was missing and not a single parent would make up stories as to why the kid went missing. This alone is more than enough to convict her considering they have given the death penalty to a lot of people for a lot less with a lot less evidence or info.

They found the babies remains in the woods near her home, scattered and buried, and the babies head had been duct taped. University of Tennessee's "Body farm" discovered "hair banding," a phenomenon in which hair roots can form a dark band after death. A hair found in the trunk of the Anthony car exhibited this pattern. Also new is the work of University of Tennessee's Oak Ridge National Laboratory in which air extracted from the trunk of the Anthony car revealed human decomposition and the presence of chloroform. Evidence was found that someone had searched the Internet on her computer for the use of the chemical and how to make it.

On February 18, 2009, documents released by the State Attorney's Office in Florida indicated that the same type of laundry bag, duct tape, and plastic bags discovered at the crime scene were found in the house where Casey and Caylee resided. Heart-shaped stickers were also recovered by investigators. According to an FBI laboratory email, a heart-shaped outline was originally seen on the duct tape that was recovered from the mouth area of Caylee's skull, but the laboratory was not able to capture the heart shape photographically and could no longer see it after the duct tape was dusted for fingerprint processing.

If nothing else she should be fined as Mute said, one year imprisonment for every time she lied.

She got away with murder though.

I've been raging (and probably the rest of America)since the verdict was read. That bitch is guilty as sin!! I'm also really disgusted with Cindy Anthony for lying under oath,because I believe when she did this it threw the ball in the defense's court. Either that or there were jury members paid off, notice how they refuse to speak to the media. I'm just completely mind fucked right now, poor Caylee :(

I freely admit I was not following this case myself, but both my wife and mother were and I kept hearing about it because of that. It sounds to me based on that admittedly limited amount of information that while a standard of more probable than not was clearly met that there was some room for arguable reasonable doubt (I say arguable as opposed to obvious to make the point that some might not see any while others do, so if you take exception to my comment on this basis do so with this qualification already noted please) to exist. I would also remind anyone that thinks the jury is full of morons that they were limited to very specific amounts of information, not able to discuss the case as it unfolded (if they kept to their oaths as they are supposed to) with anyone and had very specific requirements to apply their decision on as is true in any such criminal case. Is it true that other juries convict with less strong cases? Yes, but that is the nature of the jury system, it can not produce a consistent standard because humans are by definition not identical in nature, subjective understandings, and views of what makes a reasonable as opposed to unreasonable doubt even when such is defined as much as it is by the courts. I have seen cases where a jury convicted where I could never have, and the reverse equally as much, and I in both cases remind myself that one of the inevitable results of having human beings involved in such proceedings is going to be imperfect results by both subjective and objective standards, but it still is better than other alternatives overall.

Personally, based on what I had heard from my family this woman did get away with murder, but I also understand that this case was fairly loaded with difficulties for both sides, which tends to make for unpredictable outcomes even when it appears so obvious to those of us not sitting in the jury box what the truth/reality has to be. I don't like it when such results happen, but I accept it as the price we pay for a legal system which has some protection for the wrongly accused built into it. Much is made these days about victims rights, but I am one of those that will always be a bit leery about the power of the state being abused (either by intent or simple incompetence/laziness/etc) in the judicial process. Too many wrongful convictions being shown over the last few decades thanks to DNA evidence have only underscored that concern for me in cases where everyone was "sure" the "guilty" convict was in fact guilty.

That's my take on this, sorry I haven't more to contributed, but as I said I wasn't following this case in detail myself, just going on what my spouse and mother have said to me throughout this case since they were combined with my own views on the inherent flaws and functions of the criminal justice system we have when a controversial verdict is reached, which this one certainly sounds like it was.

I heard people in Florida and Oklahoma are now working on a petition to pass a new law called 'Caylee's Law'. If passed it would make it a felony if a parent doesn't report their child missing within a certain amount of time.

Meaning had this law been in effect, regardless of the outcome of this trial she would have still got a felony and jail time for neglect of reporting the child missing for over a month.

I don't know much about this case, but look at it this way. EVERYONE knows she's guilty, nobody would probably give her a job, and people will know her anywhere she goes. I think her life will be a living hell.

That's actually a REALLY good point! I didn't think about that.

She still deserves a lot worse, though.

I don't know much about this case, but look at it this way. EVERYONE knows she's guilty, nobody would probably give her a job, and people will know her anywhere she goes. I think her life will be a living hell.

Except thanks to all the media frenzy this case produced she will be able to sell the rights to her story for millions, with that change her identity and appearance and slip away if she so chooses, and likely live a more comfortable life than if none of this had ever happened. One of the things I really hate about these media frenzies when they involve criminal trials is the potential they set up for this sort of thing. Mind you that is far from my only issue with them, I am old enough that the idea of innocent until proven guilty still has real meaning for me, and as well that I really have a problem with trial by media which has become far too common in today's modern society. From all I've gathered over the past day or so now that the trial is over and the verdict is in this was not a unreasonable verdict to be reached. There was clearly grounds for reasonable doubt regarding the scenario the prosecution was painting about how the baby died (doesn't mean I believe her on this, just saying that I would have had a hard time treating it as beyond all reasonable doubt that there was no accidental nature to the death and the behaviour afterwards was out of fear instead of calculated criminal covering up of murder). This was an ugly case regardless, both in terms of the victim and in terms of what evidence was there for the prosecutors to work with. As much as many of us think she is clearly guilty I can't in good faith condemn the jury for their verdict, not after looking into it after this result, and I am actually a little worried for the safety of the jurors given how heated emotions have gotten over this trial and verdict.

It will also be interesting to see how bad the backlash of this woman getting out of jail next Wed is going to be, after so many thinking she would get at least a year and instead less than a week in the end. Ah well.

I'll be honest, I wasn't one of the people glued to the tv during the trial (way too boring for that), but I'm a Florida res and my mom always leaves the news on, so I've heard most of the information at one point or another. I'm also a communications major and study journalism and media as part of my degree. While the media made it look pretty straightforward, it should also be noted that it was a media payday. Honestly, this case never should've had as much attention as it did, but it got ratings and was just salacious enough to attract newsmakers. The problem with this is that most of the country has based a verdict on the case the media made, not the prosecution. Obviously, the prosecution did not have as strong a case as the news media, and I tend to agree with the court system more than the local news. My opinion? She sounded pretty guilty on the news, but, from what I've heard of the actual case, that wasn't quite the truth. Yeah, she could be guilty, but the proof just isn't there. That said, I might've gone for the negligence charge, but, again, no real proof for it. I'm disappointed that the exact truth may never come out, but I'm much happier that due process has been followed.

Okay, the reason why they made her Innocent is apparently because of the fact that they didn't have "enough evidence". In which, I'll be honest, I can understand that. But yet again, Casey Anthony CONSTANTLY changed the person that killed her daughter. Tell me, does that NOT make her suspicious whatsoever? I was in fact pissed about hearing her be innocent. Yet again, I'm glad that this stupid Casey Anthony talk is . . . eh . . . somewhat gone. I wish this never happened to begin with. Because I am sick AND tired of all this bullcrap!! I'm sure many people agree with me.