URGENT: Congress Wants To Make Streaming A Felony

i heard about this a week ago on GameFAQs. not only will AMV's, music, and stuff like that be affected, but so will games. that means no gameplay videos, walkthroughs, or other helpful videos can be posted. if this passes, i will be pretty damn pissed.

This is going to go back and forth always. On one hand the tm and copyright folks want to gaurd their IP and I totally understand that. Just wish they would make their IP available in the first place. On the other side the ISP wants to make money and get grants for bandwidth usage. These two sides will cancel each other out and they will finally compromise with the dreaded tiered internet plans. That sucks.

There's no way this is going to pass. ISPs were just conscripted to be the "copyright police" for the music and movie industries. Since they're already fresh off of that it's highly unlikely a second measure will make it through. Also, the measure itself is just absolutely ridiculous. Although yes I agree most of the lawmakers in this country are down-right idiots, they're not that dumb. Jail time for streaming music, or even worse lipsyncing? The prison system is already at it's limit. They won't push it over the edge for this.

Hahaa!

Person1: What did you do?

Person2: Uploaded my favorite show on myspace, what did you do?

Person1: 2nd degree murder

person2: *moves away*

I hope our correction facility can put all these people in. There goes more taxpayer money to build more jail and prison to specialized streaming criminals lol

:mother-ficker was:

Another note: I highly doubt this will pass.

• 2 weeks later...
Damit Razor!! i had a clear opinion about this subject, but if that woman goes to jail, then maybe its a good thing. lolz.

no just joking. Goverments will always look for ways to make money and control the public. no Goverment really cares about their people anymore!! This is just Crazy!!

This wouldn't really help the government make money. It will cost money to enforce it, which would end up being worth more than the amount of copyright being "stolen" and made available.

Also, the Fair Use portion of the copyright act is still in effect, since it was never removed. Even if the bill did pass and someone was arrested for going against it, they would have to go to trial. In the trial it would be very easy to get the law thrown out due to the Fair Use portion. It would be overturned there. Anyway, according to the copyright laws, you can't give away copyright in a way that makes you a profit. "Non-Profit Use", which means that you make no money of the content, is supposed to actually be legal. If you don't make a profit on it, there is no way to prove that you stole the content maliciously to sell to others unlawfully.