Sign in to follow this  
Chaos92

Favorite Genre [Anime]

Action, martial arts, fighting, samurai, realistic-ninja, comedy, ecchi, historical, demons, supernatural, detective, swords, wtf, revenge, retribution for accident, pantsu, boxing, tournament, survival, fantasy, ancient Japan, ancient China . . . . . that's all that comes to mind, but almost anything involving lots of martial arts is something I'll probably like.

Genre doesn't usually determine what I like. I'll watch anything and everything. I'm leaning towards slice-of-life a lot these days. I do really like drama/romance and action/adventure ones. Adventure ones are always fun to watch.

Hentai. No, just kidding. Maybe.

Actually I'm not sure what my favorite genre would be. Anime seems to be an amalgam medium, where no anime is one or two genre's exclusively. I mean, hell, Code Geass was a mecha, political/psychological thriller, with romantic and buddy dramedy tendencies (probably a few other things, too). That said, I suppose my favorite element of an anime would have to be, I don't know what to call it, cerebral maybe? I like a lot of deeply philosophical and psychological animes, that really twist at your mind (shows like Code Geass, Death Note, Evangelion, etc.). That sort of theme often runs amidst all sorts of genres, but it's what draws me into those series more than the others.