Ash's Pokemon?

Nero D. Ace

I haven't seen the series in like 6 years but I'd like to know the kind of developments that have been made. What Pokemon has Ash gained since the series began till now (and then set free for some insane reason)?

I know he started with Pikachu, got Pidgeotto, Bulbasaur, Charmander and Squirtle (I think i missed one in between) and at some point set all 4 of em free.

So, does anyone have the mental resolve to make a list?

In case you didn't want to google it I copied it to put here

Currently in rotation

In the Unova region, Ash does not keep the same party at all times like he had done previously. Instead, he swaps his on hand Pokémon with ones that are being stored at Professor Juniper's lab. Most of the time, he will switch between Tranquill and Swadloon.

Pikachu ♂

Pidove → Tranquill ♀

Oshawott ♂

Tepig ♂

Snivy ♀

Egg → Scraggy ♂

Sewaddle → Swadloon ♂

Palpitoad

Roggenrola

With Professor Oak

This section shows the Pokémon that Ash keeps at Professor Oak's laboratory.

Bulbasaur

Krabby → Kingler

Muk

Tauros (×30) ♂

Snorlax

Heracross

Chikorita → Bayleef ♀

Cyndaquil → Quilava

Totodile ♂

Noctowl

Egg → Phanpy → Donphan

Taillow → Swellow

Treecko → Grovyle → Sceptile

Corphish

Torkoal

Snorunt → Glalie

Starly → Staravia → Staraptor ♂

Turtwig → Grotle → Torterra

Chimchar → Monferno → Infernape

Buizel ♂

Gible ♂

In training

This section is for the Pokémon that Ash still owns but are in the care of another Trainer. Some can be called upon at any time if needed.

Primeape

Charmander → Charmeleon → Charizard

Squirtle

Status unknown

This section is for Ash's Pokémon whose current whereabouts are unknown.

Gligar → Gliscor

Released

This section is for the Pokémon that Ash formally released back into the wild.

Caterpie → Metapod → Butterfree ♂

Pidgeotto → Pidgeot

Lapras

Traded away

This section is for the Pokémon that Ash traded away.

Raticate

Aipom ♀

Given away

This section is for the Pokémon that Ash gave to another Trainer to keep for themselves.

Beedrill

Unofficial

This section is for the Pokémon that Ash had bonded with over the course of several episodes but never officially caught.

Haunter

Egg → Larvitar

Temporary

This section is for the Pokémon that Ash temporarily used. Many of which were rented and belong to another Trainer.

Rapidash

Ash borrowed Rapidash from Lara Laramie when it was a Ponyta after she was injured and could not ride it in the race. It evolved into Rapidash when it was racing against Dario's Dodrio. Ash was able to win the race.

Debut The Flame Pokémon-athon!

Porygon

Porygon was lent to Ash by Dr. Akihabara to help stop Team Rocket from stealing Pokémon from the Pokémon Center's PC system. After they got out of the computer world, it was returned to Akihabara.

Porygon's known moves are Conversion, Tackle and Sharpen.

Debut EP038

Arbok

The Pokémon League entrance exam instructor gave Ash an Arbok by having him choose his own set of Poké Balls provided by the instructor. It was used during a Pokémon League exam by battling the Instructor's Jolteon and lost.

Arbok's known moves are Glare and Wrap.

Debut The Ultimate Test

Weezing

The Pokémon League entrance exam instructor gave Ash a Weezing by having him choose his own set of Poké Balls provided by the instructor. It was used during the Pokémon League exam by battling the Instructor's Flareon and won.

Weezing's known moves are Smog, SmokeScreen, Tackle and Explosion.

Debut The Ultimate Test

Meowth

Meowth was the final Pokémon used by Ash during the Pokémon League exam. It was up against the Instructor's Vaporeon in which Vaporeon froze the Meowth causing Team Rocket's Meowth to interfere with the battle by kicking the frozen one free. It was accidentally blasted off along with Team Rocket. The temporary switch was fixed in the next episode.

Meowth's only known move is Fury Swipes.

Debut The Ultimate Test

Hoothoot

Ash, Brock and Misty borrowed Hoothoot from Hagatha in order to navigate the haunted forest. It was returned to her sister, Nagatha after they were able to get to the exit.

Hoothoot's known moves are Foresight and Peck.

Debut Illusion Confusion!

Staryu

Main article: Misty's Staryu

Ash borrowed Staryu from Misty for the Fire and Rescue Grand Prix in The Fire-ing Squad. However, he did not win the contest and returned Staryu to her around the end of the episode.

Debut Clefairy and the Moon Stone

Psyduck

Main article: Misty's Psyduck

Ash borrowed Psyduck from Misty for the Fire and Rescue Grand Prix in The Fire-ing Squad. However, he did not win the contest and returned Psyduck to her around the end of the episode.

Debut Hypno's Naptime

Seaking

Ash caught a Seaking during a Seaking fishing contest. It was released under park rules.

Debut Hook, Line, and Stinker

Hitmonlee ♂

Ash borrowed Hitmonlee from Master Hamm to battle May with Hitmonchan after Master Hamm was having problems.

Hitmonlee's known moves are Rolling Kick, Hi Jump Kick, Jump Kick and Focus Punch.

Debut Pasta La Vista!

Raichu

During the first day of the summer school academy, Ash was given a Raichu to train. It was called to battle Angie's Monferno and was able to put up a great fight. It had a very timid personality.

Raichu's known moves are Dig, Thunderbolt, Focus Punch and Double Team.

Debut Camping It Up!

Spoink

Ash was given a Spoink in the first leg of the Pokémon triathlon. He returned it after he was done with the first part of the race.

Debut One Team, Two Team, Red Team, Blue Team!

Mantyke

Ash was given a Mantyke for the second leg of the Pokémon Triathlon to ride across the lake. It was returned after the event was done.

Debut One Team, Two Team, Red Team, Blue Team!

Cottonee ♂

Ash temporarily commanded a wild Cottonee in order to help it win over a love interest. With Ash's assistance, he was able to learn to dodge attacks and aim his own attacks better.

Cottonee's known moves are Cotton Spore, Cotton Guard, Razor Leaf, and Energy Ball.

Debut BW029

Badges obtained

Lies.

I actually think they are quite strong, especially in the Sinnoh season.

did you watch the first episode of the black and white anime ash's pikachu lost to a lvl 5 snivy!!!!, even if pikachu couldn't use electric attacks at the time it still makes little sense if Pikachu is supposed to be all powerful

did you watch the first episode of the black and white anime ash's pikachu lost to a lvl 5 snivy!!!!, even if pikachu couldn't use electric attacks at the time it still makes little sense if Pikachu is supposed to be all powerful

Yeah, I know. But still, I think most people would agree that Pikachu's level 'resets' at the start of each region. Pikachu going from beating the legendary Latios to losing to a new trainer with his first Pokemon just a few episode later, it would be obvious that Pikachu's level resets. I mean Ash is still 10 years old (same age since episode 1).

Just when Ash thinks he's "caught them all" they release another new batch a generic pokemon. He must be so pissed.

He should just buy a gun and shoot the next pokemon that challenges him.

"Gotta bag em' all" could be the tag line for this new series. Professor Oak could be his taxidermist.

• 4 months later...

I read somewhere ash is still 10 or 13 years old, and I'm 18 years old; after the show was released in America 1 year after my birth year.

Isn't that crazy?

His pokemon line up has been fairly small sized pokemon who are fast, not like when he would get any and every pokemon he would see.

pokemon is now for the age of 10 and younger now, its weird but whatever gets the franchise money and keeps it alive. so its not all that great to watch.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...