It Gets Even Crazier: Fight The AT&T/Comcast "Three Strikes" Censorship Deal

cloud1414

• 2 weeks later...

Crazy how things are changing. I can't say this is a good sign, but I think back to the old case detailed in "the Download matyr." Considering that woman is still fighting a case for 5 years (and facing lawsuits ending in millions of damages), I can't complain too heavily. But now the internet is becoming different. How did we get to this point?

• 2 weeks later...
looks like a cheap way to save money

In reality, it would actually cost more money for something like this to work. One, they would need more programs and people to monitor connections and enforce everything stated. They would lose customers and therefore make less money. With throttled speeds, they can't make as much money. Sending people to "pirate school" would cost money to have set up at least. This would require a lot of money and they would lose a lot of money. The industries proposing this would also lose a large majority of their customers.

In reality, it would actually cost more money for something like this to work. One, they would need more programs and people to monitor connections and enforce everything stated. They would lose customers and therefore make less money. With throttled speeds, they can't make as much money. Sending people to "pirate school" would cost money to have set up at least. This would require a lot of money and they would lose a lot of money. The industries proposing this would also lose a large majority of their customers.

Not really, considering several ISP's have been throttling speeds and monitoring their customers secretly for years.