Call of Duty

Monad-Gnostis

violent, why do you say that? From what i seen its warfare, and just like any warfare soldiers get killed, but i wouldnt describe it as particularly violent. You know, long time ago, long before computers and game consoles existed, children would gather outside, arm themselves with sticks or other objects, hold them like rifles, run around and shouting "bang!bang!" would "kill" enemy "soldiers" and get "killed" themselves. It seems war appeals to human kind. Cod is just the next level of that game.

Is this seriously a thread? Lol to utter max! If you think cod is violent I have no idea what you think about other games. As to what shade said, war is part of human nature, be it with tanks and rifles, or swords and shields, we have alwap fought wars and probably always will. Violence is part of who we are.

Cod is a game, nothing like the real thing. If COD is violent, then gears of war is insanity and games like STALKER and Fallout are worse. COD tries to depict warfare in its cleanest form. MOH as well. Go for less realistic games in erms of story and setting and you'll see truly violent games.

Think about it like this.

Humans are nasty, violent creatures who love blowing stuff up. There's no getting around that. It's just in our nature to act aggressively, whether it's from years of genes of being chased around by dinosaurs or being forced into slavery or whatever.

Now, wouldn't it be better if all that rage, anger and violence were expressed in a game where the only one who gets hurt are pixelated characters?

HOW DARE YOU SAY THAT!

WHERES MY STOPPING STOPPING POWER AK-47? I WILL SHOOT YOU GARRRR

Just kidding, people like CoD games because the violence appeals to the baser aspects of the human mind; Killing.

Also theres the fact that everyone else buys the damn game so you just have to as well otherwise your left all on your own playing last years game eewwww.

Although to be honest I disliked Black Ops and thought MW2 was much better. It looked so great in the trailers but when the game its arrived I was very dissapointed.

• 4 weeks later...