Birth days not so happy...

VahnDelfire

Tbh, none of my birthdays have ever been happy. We never really celebrate birthdays in my household. We just kind of tell everyone what we want and "MAYBE" we'll get it. Usually not, and I don't hardly ever celebrate mine - most of my friends ask me and I reply that I simply don't know. My "Birth date" is what I think it might be, but its been so long since we looked at my birth certificate that it doesn't really matter imho.

On facebook, I kind of hate posting on peoples' walls saying "Happy B-day" especially when I'm not that close to them. It also makes me feel like a lamer because the only reason I was able to tell that it was their birthday (without prior knowledge) is because facebook notified me of it.

Tbh, none of my birthdays have ever been happy. We never really celebrate birthdays in my household. We just kind of tell everyone what we want and "MAYBE" we'll get it. Usually not, and I don't hardly ever celebrate mine - most of my friends ask me and I reply that I simply don't know. My "Birth date" is what I think it might be, but its been so long since we looked at my birth certificate that it doesn't really matter imho.

On facebook, I kind of hate posting on peoples' walls saying "Happy B-day" especially when I'm not that close to them. It also makes me feel like a lamer because the only reason I was able to tell that it was their birthday (without prior knowledge) is because facebook notified me of it.

But if an unknown person wished them on facebook on their birthday, it gives them some sort of joy that a person who is not even close to them and has probably never exchanged a single word has actually taken that tiny bit of their time to wish them. I know because that happens to me and it makes me happy that a stranger wishes me when friends sometimes don't.

But if an unknown person wished them on facebook on their birthday, it gives them some sort of joy that a person who is not even close to them and has probably never exchanged a single word has actually taken that tiny bit of their time to wish them. I know because that happens to me and it makes me happy that a stranger wishes me when friends sometimes don't.
I guess I could understand from that point of perspective but I feel that its not really obligated. I suppose I would feel grateful if someone I hardly exchange words with congratulated me on making it to another birthday but I don't really feel that I'm special for saying it when I had no prior knowledge other than a notification telling me that it was their birthday. Ah well, I can understand though - I honestly do. Its the thought that counts.

birthdays have always been a up and down topic for me. my 18th was nothing special, all of my friends were to busy celebrating someone else's birthday, infact one of my friends had her 18 party ON my birthday. but there was this guy at high school who always said happy birthday to me because his was the day before mine, which made birthdays sort of something to look forward to. this year my friends and i plan to go to a convention thats held on my birthday, plus Darts birthday is 3 days before mine so that week is going to be awesome =D.

birthdays are only fun if you make them fun, and also if there are people you can share it with. i make it a point to remember my friends birthdays and always do something special for them.