Favorite Zelda Game?

Iliasmiles

OOT is by far my favorite of any Zelda game. It adaptly has 'time' in its title as I also consider it to be the best game of all time or at least the best game I've ever played.

WW was obviously too cartoony, too easy, lacked dungeons and unforgettable fetch quest. MM was more of the same but with a much darker tone and atmosphere. Some people like MM more than OOT but nothing beats the original as the direct sequel didn't add much in terms of improvement.

TP was years too late to hold any candle next to OOT for the time it was released. By the time it came out, games have improved greatly with proper voice acting ala Mass Effect/Uncharted and gorgeous HD graphics ie the latter. Although ultimately gameplay is the most important, Twilight seems dated in both looks and gameplay. Tried to recapture the same feeling of OOT but missed the ball.

SS looks to be a merge of WW and TP. I highly doubt it can replace my favorite of OOT but time will tell.

With so Many it's hard to choose just one as a favorite... but here we go ^^;

The original Zelda game for NES will always mean more to me than any of the others since that was my favorite NES game. Plus I had fun making a screen by screen map. (My copy didn't come with the default map ;_; )

Majora's Mask and Ocarina of Time are tied for favorite 3D Zelda game. Majora's Mask was great because of all the extra stuff you could collect and obtain aswell as the hightened difficulty. Ocarina of Time was Great because (if I'm not mistaken) it was the first Zelda game to feature "Adult" Link and also because it was the first 3D Zelda game. (I also love the master sword and the Gorons ^.^v )

Of the handheld Zelda Games the best ones would have to be "Oracle of Ages" and "Oracle of Seasons" (I count them as one because they're really two parts to the same game) They were quite difficult and entertaining. Also it was fun to use the transfomation rings ^^.

And those would be my favorites ^^; so if I had to choose just one it would have to be the original Zelda game for NES as it started a legacy that hopefully will last for ages to come...

• 5 months later...

wow sooo many peoples riding the ooc train, personally I feel that 3d zelda is a horrible bastardization of the real deal :/ links awakening = best, and I'm pretty damn fonde of the adventure of link too, I mean a legend of zelda castleroid/metroidvania = the shit dreams are made of, after those two it would have to be a link to the past followed by every single one for a gameboy system !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wow sooo many peoples riding the ooc train, personally I feel that 3d zelda is a horrible bastardization of the real deal :/ links awakening = best, and I'm pretty damn fonde of the adventure of link too, I mean a legend of zelda castleroid/metroidvania = the shit dreams are made of !!!!!!! oooohhhhhh and every single one for a gameboy system !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well OoT is really awesome. Though I get where you are coming at, oracle of seasons and ages were really awesome and I played then way too much.

Yay, look at all the Majora's Mask fans! Well it is one of the coolest game concepts around, and it was delivered well, with not-broken battling, adventure-puzzles, screwing around with townspeople etc. Ocarina of Time was pretty epic too.

I miss the good ol days of more open ended gameplay and unique game elements. You still get the occasional interesting console game these days, but they seem to just get more and more rare. :\