Gaming Horror Stories

Whiplash

Ever had something go absolutely hideously wrong with a video game?

Like the time, back in the day, when I had two Gameboys and was using a link cable to transfer pokemon from my Blue Version to my Silver Version. I'd complete Blue using different teams each time and then tranfer these teams over to Silver. I'd built up a super team of about 60 pokemon this way when I tried to turn on my Silver Version one day and was told that the data was corrupted and my save file had been deleted.

Ever had any file saving mishaps? Or perhaps you've been just about to complete something you've been trying for ages to complete when the power's failed?

Well, one time I was on the computer in my room when my brother was playing Contra Shattered Soldier in my room as well. The game was apprently pissing him off like mad because he was cussing like crazy until finally he just chucked the control to the floor and it bounced back and hit my dog. He didn't really care and just walked out, while I was fearing for my life.

I had like a GBC memory thing so I could save my pokemon data on that then start a new game, etc.. thus giving me multiple saves per cartridge. I dislike pokemon now however, but it was the first rpg I ever played, lol. I sold all my pokemon games besides red and silver, when I did own use to own red, blue, yellow, gold, silver, and crystal.. xD

My game horror stories are mostly about being hours into a game without having seen any save points in a while and the electricity shutting off. Happens alot here, and usually turns me away from wanting to play and do the same thing again for a couple months. >_<

Some other horror stories are about the games not loading, then looking to buy them and can't find them anywhere but online and them being over $100 or so.. O.o Erm NO.. not gonna buy. =P Or other stories about a very rare game I own getting stolen, etc..

My Playstation 1 memory card getting lost, but eventually found, and my other one stop working. What was weird was the one that quit working starting registering on the playstation that it was one of those pocket monster w/e things.. O.o

Other then that not much as actually happened.. Or well also when I beat a game, like my Final Fantasy X and it freezed up and skipped the ending my first time through.. and the last save point in the game is like an hour or more behind.. and having to redo it again, hoping it didn't skip again after cleaning it. O.o

Guest Destiny Angel

A few lot things really.

1. I one day woke up to find that my pokemon Silver was not able to save any data at all. However, the game i've actually played is gold, so i had about 258 pokemons, and wow, the other 2 pokemons that i needed was from silver and i cant save for crap.

2. Well, my new puppy just came and then me and my friends were happily playing Guitar Hero 2, one of them were on the controller becuase we only had 1 guitar. The playstation 2 was sitting close to the TV about half a meter away from the ground. Anyway my dog walk through the damn controller wire and the PS2 came down with it.

I thank mao for not destroying my PS2, but now my GH2 doesn't work =\ And sadly...that was on my birthday. I love GH2 =\

3. I blame Z for this one... In FFVIII, he told me to open the Lamp Cid gives me. Before that I fought a boss on the train and did not save my game-- i then decided to open the lamp because he said it would make things lot better. Then i found out it was a GF and i had to kill it T_T I ended up dying on the end.

4. With the Nintendo DS, a little girl named Anne was playing Super Mario with me, we were versing each other and so we decided to play the Minigames, I got beaten in all of them and she's only 9, how horrific.

5. On the Yuanlesca one, I beaten that boss before i can reach Yunalesca, though what i did after fighting that fied/sinspawn, i went straight down to the fayth thing and found myself needing to fight Yunalesca and died after like 5 turns.

I've learned my lesson to not saving...

Oh wait, another one...

6. A dood in my school, beating my highscore in some minigame in mario. It was horrific, he played the minigame like 5 times and he beat my highscore while on the other hand i played it probably more than 20 times.