Manga You're Currently Reading?

Kid Ryan

• 3 weeks later...

Nanatsu no Taizai. One of (if not the) best shounen there is right now. Although the characters are ridiculously buffed, there are some sweet unseen twists here and there and overall it's quite fun to read. 

There's also Dungeon Meshi. What started off as a manga about cooking monsters ended up having a really interesting storyline and there's definitely an anime about this sooner or later.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Finally resumed the Umineko no Naku Koro ni series, after I noticed that WTDND finished them. EP6 was such a mess, but EP7 is getting things explained. Still reading that one - only EP8 remains after that.

Pretty good stuff, with mass murders and closed rooms taking most of the plot for first few episodes - battle between human tricks and witch's magic.

As the plot continues, you figure out what happened in earlier episodes as new clues are being presented over time. Long read, but so far it was worth it.

• Like 1

On 09.02.2017. at 9:07 AM, DarkGanta said:

Been reading Higurashi When They Cry lately. I'm on volume 6 Curse Killing Arc 2, so far it's pretty great. I think the art in the manga is often creepier than the anime, though I love the anime too.

Now that you mentioned that one, I started Higurashi once upon a time, but kinda stalled it indefinitely since no new translated chapters appeared. Unless you're fluent in JP, I hope that someone released few more chapters. :D

Haven't checked VNs yet of those 2, since they'd take way too much time just reading the stuff all over again.

• Like 1

On 2/14/2017 at 4:11 AM, Deth93 said:

Now that you mentioned that one, I started Higurashi once upon a time, but kinda stalled it indefinitely since no new translated chapters appeared. Unless you're fluent in JP, I hope that someone released few more chapters. :D

Haven't checked VNs yet of those 2, since they'd take way too much time just reading the stuff all over again.

Ya, whoever was translating stopped when Yen Press acquired the official release rights. It is now officially completed but don't know if it has been ripped anywhere. I own most of them and plan to buy the last two or three I don't have yet soon to finish reading them. I started the visual novel but it was hard to do after having just read the same thing in manga form. Probably go back to it eventually as I have heard it differs at some point from everything else.

• Like 1

@DarkGanta Yeah, might just be the case. But I doubt that it will differ much. :) Seeing that you liked Higurashi stuff, you might like detective stuff? Gory stuff? Cartagra, visual novel, might be good for you. Note that, while it's mostly detective crime story with lots of gory and adultery elements, it has several... questionable ones. Expect anything from brainwashing to mutilation, incest and whatever. Awesome story, though.

• Like 1