looking for original anime sorta like Death Note

RikuoAmero

Guys, I've already seen Full Metal Alchemist, am planning to watch Brotherhood once the full series is dubbed, and as for Naruto?

I'm looking for a series that has a good story one that is coherent and thought out. If you do have a suggestion, please elaborate on your suggestion, just giving me a name alone doesn't help. No, I haven't seen Ergo Proxy or Last Exile, I don't know anything about them. Oh and in case someone does mention it, yes I have seen Ghost in the Shell/Evangelion/Akira.

i was thinking of recommending you neon genesis evangelion but it seems that you already seen it.. and i just thought on what kind of animes do you like.

Hmmm...I dunno. According to Wikipedia, theres 480 episodes. Pretty much plot and story would have gotten stretched thinly by then. Its about searching for a pirate captain's treasure isn't it? I don't want to watch 480 episodes of the crew going "Are we there yet? Are we there yet?"

Sigh, I guess I'll lay out in point format what I'm looking for.

Story: Coherent and well thought out.

Length: Not too long. The first FMA anime was what 50 episodes? That encompassed character exploration/development, and the actual plot. Yes this does mean I despise filler. In my opinion, if an anime has filler episodes, that means it nots thought out to begin with: the anime developers just didn't know where they were going with the show.

Fanservice: If it has it, its there. I'm not gonna complain if it is or isn't there.

Comedy: Would like a bit of comedy here and there. FMA (the first series) was perfect for that: I loved Ed going OTT about his short stature.

Maturity: If the anime can talk about mature topics openly, then great. And follow up on them (I'm thinking of Naruto here: Naruto hasn't thought once about Hinata's confession, nor has he gone up to Kakashi saying "Hey, remember you were the Fourth's student? Well, turns out, he's my pappa! WHERE THE FUCK WERE YOU WHEN I WAS GROWING UP ALONE!")

@ about one piece,

well it really has fillers, but in a sense.. if you are looking for a good plot and story, one piece has it. and as far as i've seen in the series, the crew never did think of that legendary treasure to be near. they usually just travel for adventure while finding the it.

"well written plot (unexpected plot twist), awesome character development (even villains and sub cast), and epic fights"

@ about the topic,

seems like you have the interest in anime's with short, deep, psychological plots, so here what i can suggest to you:

- Code Geass (almost similar to deathnote in terms of the protagonist character development)

- Elfen Lied

- Mobile Suit Gundam 00 (it has the story, no fillers, no recaps and some awesome characters)

- Darker than Black

- Shakugan no Shana

- Fate Stay Night

btw, most of these have that ecchi stuff included and as you said that fanservice is alright with you, then you don't have any issues with this.