ForgottenMem.NET worth over $15,000?!

Koby

I saw a thread on another forum I go to talking about the worth of a site and how to find out the worth. So I decided out of curiosity to see what Forgotten Memories domain (forgottenmem.net) was worth. Keep in mind it's the worth of the domain and not the actual site with content etc. If I were to sell the site it'd be alot higher. =P

So anyhow, because of our traffic, google pr, domain age, inbound links, indexed pages, and link value

The estimated value of http://forgottenmem.net is: $15,587

What do you think of that? =P

It sounds like a lot of money. I don't think I would ever pay that much for a domain. Ever. Although, considering YouTube is worth over a billion, I guess it fits. I think content in a site is worth more than the site itself. A shell with nothing inside of it sounds pretty boring.

Ooo, congrats! Look, okay, anything over $1000 is an accomplishment! XD

How did you find out? I'd like to know myself lol.

yeah. it sounds like a lot for a domain, but really, when you consider how many hits and such your site has, it makes it a lot easier for the next site to work with that name... sometimes, worth $15,000 and much much more. =/ I'd rather just build my own rather than riding on someone else's previous work though.

• 1 month later...
It sounds like a lot of money. I don't think I would ever pay that much for a domain. Ever. Although, considering YouTube is worth over a billion, I guess it fits. I think content in a site is worth more than the site itself. A shell with nothing inside of it sounds pretty boring.

These site value calculators take into consideration a lot of things for the value and they work on the assumption that you wouldn't just be buying the domain, but the whole site.

These site value calculators take into consideration a lot of things for the value and they work on the assumption that you wouldn't just be buying the domain, but the whole site.

The one I did though was simply for the domain if I were to sell only it on sedo.com

We are not SE#1 fansite sadly. =P We were at one time one of the better ones to come to for news first hand, but I've become lazy and not the first one with news nor have much new news posts all the time lately.. >_<

We did have the #1 SE topsite list however till I closed it.