• Gundam 00
    • Gundam SEED
    • Gundam Wing
    • Like them all equally/ they're incomparable

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just finished watching SEED and Destiny. Really loved the characters and the story. Although the stock footage was a bit much and i didn't really care for Shinn.

Im currently watching 00 (or is it oo ?). Im halfway though 17. So far the story has been sloooow. But im liking the high production values and there doesn't seem to be alot stock footage. The story so far is kinda strange, but i'll reserve judgment till i finish. I can't help but think, if SEED Destiny had been done like 00 (production wise) it would have been better.

I haven't watched wing yet, but i hear its more slack on story and focus on action.

This a tough one...

Gundam Wing was my first exposure to Gundam and anime so it'll always have a place in my heart/memory.

Gundam Seed S1 was excellent and extremely good, but I really did not like Shin in S2.

Gundam 00 is just all around a great series and was even better on the second watch through.

I just finished watching OO, and i have to say wow. That Second season was miles ahead of the first.

Although, Setsuna being the ultimate co-ordinator, i mean innovator was a bit cheesy, i mean common they couldn't have come up with a better name that didn't end in -ator?

The graphics and animation are great, barley any stock footage and no recap episodes! Music, meh Ash like snow is now a favorite of mine, but thats about it. SEED had much better music.

Characters, IMO the secondary characters were more developed than most of the main cast in season 1. Also season 1 seemed like it was all build up to season 2. I think they could have done a better job with it though. The main cast all have Shinn esque qualities to them and by the end of the first season they seemed mostly in the same place. I noticed a ton of similaries between charaters in SEED and OO, although i hear thats common between Gundam franchises so i'll let it slip, it didn't bug me that much

Except when Louise went all Stella and Saji went all Shinn, oh boy where have i seen that before and of course the aforementioned spoiler

Other than that most of the cast in season one were generally unlikable. Also alot of really strange things bugged me. I know its spelt Smirnov, but it sounds like Smirnoff, your one russian character is named Smirnoff? really?. Also meisters? i bet it sounds cooler in Japanese, something was lost in translation. Also the "I'm a GUNDAM!!!" im glad that didn't stick around.

However the ending was much more satisfying than SEED's.

All of that said, SEED gets my vote. The characters, the tension and the music make the difference for me. SEED had superior character development and the characters were more likable. Plus the takeoff sequences were waaaay cooler despite the hour long set up sequence for Shinn's machine. The stock footage and the recap episodes were a drag, plus some other stuff i could mention. But all in all i enjoyed it more. I did like OO a lot though, definitely looking forward to the movie!

Something can be said for nostalgia. With all the references to Gundam Wing, I thought it would rank a solid second place or possibly first.

While 00 and Seed are excellent Gundam series, Wing was the first Gundam series I watched and drew me into the Gundam universe. I've seen the older series and didn't care for them. To me it seems like Wing modernized the series elevating the wow factor ten fold from previous series.

Well, not to bust anyone but Seed and Wing are equal in my opinion. I loved both of them way more than 00. If I had to point out what I liked and didn't like it would go as follows lol.

Wing- To me had my favorite art because in 90's it was all hand done and crisp. Good story but didn't like the reused animation.(they did it a lot)

Seed-Had awesome storyline and sort of took from all series and mashed it up into one so it could be a remake if you said so. Destiny was good but Shinn pissed me off. They also cleared up in the movies(compilations) that athrun was the main focus because it did get confusing at times.

00-Had awesome designs and animation no doubt. But to me it sort of lacked story because it was all over the place. Took me 2 times to understand what was going on.

In the end Wing and Seed were my favs from the alterrnate Universes.

• 3 months later...