Windows Vista Computer Problems.

Koby

Your first problem in Vista, BUY Windows 7.

Install it. Windows 7 automatically backs up the contents of your old computer (including data, programs) and saves them into a file on your C drive. Should be all good after that.

And what exactly is wrong with vista? I used it for nearly 2 years without a single issue with it. The problem is when people install it on a computer that can't handle it. I'm sure Koby's computer is more than capable of running it.

And what exactly is wrong with vista? I used it for nearly 2 years without a single issue with it. The problem is when people install it on a computer that can't handle it. I'm sure Koby's computer is more than capable of running it.

Vista's been bad since day one. I had always had so many errors with it. It also has just retarded open as administrator bullshit. Can't run 90% of files if you don't. I had also found that it slowed my computer down a ton. Took way to much power for such a piece of crap. Id even pirate to get rid of that shit. I got rid of my vista and traded it for XP and everything ran smooth and perfect. While Vista slowed my games down and just sucked down right.

Yes it was updated from time to time even with all it's updates XP and 7 are A LOT better. My computer was also bought with windows vista on it.

Vista's been bad since day one. I had always had so many errors with it. It also has just retarded open as administrator bullshit. Can't run 90% of files if you don't. I had also found that it slowed my computer down a ton. Took way to much power for such a piece of crap. Id even pirate to get rid of that shit. I got rid of my vista and traded it for XP and everything ran smooth and perfect. While Vista slowed my games down and just sucked down right.

Yes it was updated from time to time even with all it's updates XP and 7 are A LOT better. My computer was also bought with windows vista on it.

I do agree that 7 is better, but like I said before... I never had a single issue with vista. As for the run as admin thing... simply turn off user account control. I've never been prompted to run anything as admin. It could be that my high end gaming rig at the time was more than powerful enough to run it without error, but even then my netbook was also able to run it fine without any problems. Everyone I personally know has never had a problem with it either. Maybe I just got lucky with it.

Anyway :P back on topic. This thread is about helping Koby fix his computer... not if vista runs great or not.

I think Snow and Ballard are on the right track with this so I'll just try to explain it more.

First you need to locate where the problem is located: windows, harddrive, or some part of mainboard. Easiest way to do this is try the live linux idea. You don't have to be a linux power user for it to be helpful. Just see if you are able to load the OS and if you can then it probably isn't a mainboard issue.

Second trouble shoot the infected area. If you can boot the linux OS try using the file manager in linux to see if your data is still there or wait till you get a new computer and just plug the old HD into an extra sata slot. You can plug a harddrive with windows installed into another one as long as the problem one is set to be a slave. If your files are located in a password protected home folder getting to them could be difficult.

If the OS didn't load then try troubleshooting the mainboard by testing the ram like Ballard mentioned or like Snow mentioned reset the cmos to its default. If the battery on the mainboard has died then every time you unplug the computer or the power goes out your cmos is cleared and your computer won't boot till you reset it. This should only happened to a computer that is older then yours seems to be but you really never know.

If there is any help I can offer just ask I'm always willing to help.

L4ugh