What was the first anime you ever watched

F40soldier

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Speed Racer at a buddies house. I didn't know it was an anime at the time, back then everything was just a cartoon. I was like 6 and the whole car with all these abilities just roped me right in Also it was violent and awesome because, Speed knew kung fu, all the bad guys used real guns, and it was just generally violent they never just raced. To this day Speed Racer still holds a special place in my heart. It's very corny and the dialog is hilarious but that doesn't make the show any less enjoyable.

• Like 1

Speed Racer at a buddies house. I didn't know it was an anime at the time, back then everything was just a cartoon. I was like 6 and the whole car with all these abilities just roped me right in Also it was violent and awesome because, Speed knew kung fu, all the bad guys used real guns, and it was just generally violent they never just raced. To this day Speed Racer still holds a special place in my heart. It's very corny and the dialog is hilarious but that doesn't make the show any less enjoyable.

I tried to watch this as a kid but could never get into it, idk why, it just didnt grab my attention... although dinosaurs were pretty important to me back then lol

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

My first was either Star Blazers or Battle of the Planets. Didn't know they were anime, but they definately got me hooked. 

Speed racer was an early one too. That was long enough ago I really don't remember which came first, but Star Blazers was definately my favorite!

Edited by nomadhooker