Fallout 3

RikuoAmero

Hey guys, was wondering if anyone could help me. I'm at my wits end trying to get Fallout 3 to start. It's a legit copy of the Game of the Year Edition, patched and no mods (yet). However, I can never get it to work. Whenever I click on New Game, I get the intro movie of the bus playing music, then that ends, and the birth scene plays. However, it always freezes there. Sometimes its a black screen, sometimes it stays white with those few blood stains. But it always freezes.

I've tried both lowest and highest graphic settings. My PC can handle Crysis and Crysis Warhead on highest setting no problem (specs are in my signature), so does anyone have a clue or tip? I've tried compatibility modes for XP and Vista, no joy.

Have you tried updating your graphics drivers... this has been an issue for me before. In your sig you mentioned you use a 64bit OS... that alone could be the problem. Does Fallout 3 fully support 64bit? Do you get any error messages when the game freezes?

I've beaten Fallout 3 on the PC... it's a very buggy game in general, so there could be a number of things that could be wrong with it. Personally speaking I was never able to get it to run longer than 20 minutes without it crashing.

Does that means game is running fine, I should interpret ?

No the game isn't running. What happens is I click on New Game, I get the empty bus playing music, the intro movie about War never changes, they work fine, then it hangs on the birth scene immediately. Sometimes its a black screen, sometimes white, sometimes white with a few blood splatters, but it always immediately freezes.

And I think its ridiculous if Bethesda say its because they made the game before Windows 7 came out. Well, what about Morrowind? I just played it today, absolutely no problems. Same with Oblivion. Both games are pre-Vista! Let alone 7, yet work without a problem!