The Last Remnant

ryuzaki

You should have posted some information on the game for those who don't know of it. xD I am very excited about this game, it seems rather interesting and I plan on doing alot of coverage on it soon with the scans, and the information we know thus far.

The Story

One thousand years ago, humanity came into contact with Remnants. These magical fragments of a bygone era were once used to promote peace across the world. Soon, as the rift grew between those who rules and those who obeyed, the Remnants ceased being instruments of balance, and instead became paths to immeasurable power. Where once there had been peace, only bloodshed remained.

The game will be simultaneously released in Japan and in the U.S. The Last Remnant is also suppose to be full of plot twists involving the main player Rush Sykes. There is also another main character known as "The Conqueror" which is more of a dark kind of here, a first for a Square-Enix RPG. The adventure begins on an isolated island called Eulam where Rush and his sister Irina Sykes lead carefree lives. That all changes early on when Irina is kidnapped by a mysterious organization and Rush finds himself in the middle of a world-spanning conflict somehow tied to ancient and powerful relics called Remnants.

As the game's title would imply, Remnants are a key part of practically every element of the world. What exactly they are, however, is difficult to define. Remnants vary in shape and size, and can take the form of machines, beasts, and weapons.

It is to be released on X-BOX 360 and the Playstation 3.

Considering it hasn't been released and is no where near completion I'd say I haven't got very far in the game. =D Square Enix announced they had no plans of releasing any game for the PS3 until 2008 anyhow. So it'll be at least till then for it to come out.