What do you think about Nintendo 3DS?

mehrab2603

I like it, but I think it's a bit expensive.... I'll probably buy it anyway... but it's expensive... I also don't like that the thing seems to be always on... If you can turn it off then cool... But I really don't want it trying to talk to nothing all day long... Otherwise, I think it's a step in the right direction... pushing 3d as a feature while allowing us to disable it... From what I've read it will allow us to play our own music in game... This is good... but I may have misinterpreted...

Anyway... I like it...

THE FOLLOWING IS A TRUE STORY

i heard that Kingdom Hearts : 358/2 Days had been released on the DS, so i went to a guy i know and asked him the cheapest price to buy a second-hand one.

he said to me "why do you wanna waste money on a crappy thing like DS?"

and it's true. the graphics SUCK way beyond anything i've ever seen for MOST games.

3DS MAY be good, but i wouldn't get my hopes up too much. at any rate, i'll see the review for Kingdom Hearts 3DS first and if it's good, i may just buy a 3rd or 4th hand after a few months.

Nintendo has never been about graphics.They always innovate and make fun to play games.Now I am not saying Sony and Microsoft don't do that.But Nintendo has to compensate for graphics with innovation.I agree that the DS had horrible graphics,but some of the games were really fun albeit being graphically bad.

Think about it this way.The less graphically powerful a handheld is,the less the developer has to worry about making dazzling graphics.That means he can dedicate more time to story and gameplay.And I'll happily pick up games with better story and gameplay over games with superior graphics but inferior in other aspects.

Just look at the launch titles of the 3DS:Zelda,Street Fighter 4 3D,Starfox,Mario,Layton.Those games alone make this a must buy for me.

if you wanna talk about the cut-scenes, go ahead.

i know for a fact that when it comes down to actually gameplay, PSP totally OWNS ds

Don't make a fight outta this..

Anyways I think I'm gonna buy it but iunno how much it costs, I wanted a DS anyways for my only handheld only reason why I don't like PSP is because of the controls and doesn't have any games I like

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPCa4W5YV4o

you know, not to make a fight outta this, but anyone who can't understand simple controls like that of the PSP must be REALLY retarded.

if you think PSP controls are complex, you must think that PS2 or 3 controls are out of this world.

that video is just a stunt by Nintendo to deface Sony. maybe they should show a video of their own DS and it's shitty graphics and gameplay before pointing a finger at "complex" gameplay.

you know, not to make a fight outta this, but anyone who can't understand simple controls like that of the PSP must be REALLY retarded.

if you think PSP controls are complex, you must think that PS2 or 3 controls are out of this world.

that video is just a stunt by Nintendo to deface Sony. maybe they should show a video of their own DS and it's shitty graphics and gameplay before pointing a finger at "complex" gameplay.

On any chase this isn't about PSP its about DS3D if you don't like it that's your game we don't have to avid by it. do what you enjoy and we'll do what we like. Everybody's happy and no gaming platform fights : D

I also say that to the person who linked the video lol

PSP controls are not complex, they just limit the gameplay. Many of the highly rated PSP games have been limited by saying they should have just been made for the PS3/PS2. (Kingdom Hearts and Metal Gear Solid for example.) The PSP overall is just a limited system. It's just Sony's attempt to get into the handheld market.

And that video was a 3rd party opinion, very comically made. Nothing to do with Nintendo. The 3DS on the other hand provides the 3D element without glasses. Something that hasn't been introduced.

Also, what seirachan said. I'm not hating on the PSP, just stating what it is. I don't even see why Sony and Nintendo had to be included.

Whatever you say dude.

mgs-psp-3ds.jpg

Snake gameplay on PSP, what they think Snake will look like on 3DS. Im sure that the 3DS will look nothing like that.

The less graphically powerful a handheld is,the less the developer has to worry about making dazzling graphics.That means he can dedicate more time to story

Thats false really, the first step in any game is to finish the story and graphics come last in the line of making a game. Its like Heavy Rain great story and almost perfect graphics by far the best looking game yet and it took them a lot longer to put a story together for the game then to do graphics for it.

I didn't mean to start a handheld war but to be honest theres no way Im going to spend $250 to $300 on a handheld EVER. Nintendo games are boring to me, most of which are just a Mario or a Zelda game, both series Ive never been a fan of. On top of which it took Nintendo up to last year for me to buy another Nintendo handheld since the black and white Gameboy. Im sure that the controls of the 3DS will be like the DS/DSi touch screen thats it to limit games for it. Not to forget theres a chance you can't play 3DS games on past DS games or past DS games on it! Nintendo will not sucker me into buying this ever.