RPG Integration.

Koby

Alright, I feel like the RPG Integration Hack is fine now.. I've worked on it for several days adding items, weapons, editing the settings, editing the bots, etc.. and finally I am satisfied enough to call it open.

I still need to work on the classes, etc.. and alignments.. so when signing up for a profile some may be blank.. I believe only alignment good and evil will be accepted at the moment, and only orc or human races.. I'm sorry but that takes a ton of editing to do and alignments and races doesn't effect your stats in this rpg so it wasn't much of a concern.. but I'll eventually finish that part.. xD

I also got vbPlaza/vbBux a working.. I removed most of the items because I felt we didn't need them.. its mostly for the gil for the rpg anyways.. xD

RPG system was a step in the right direction. RP sections aren't generally the most active sections on forums, but they do help keep activity up. If a good one is started, it could increase activity by a lot.

Of course, I've never been that in to role playing. I think I suck tbph.

Honestly, with as much activity as the front site receives, I'm really surprised that the forum isn't as active. Puzzling. I think a new skin is in order. :monster:

• 3 months later...

I've used an older version before, and all it did was give errors alot and only worked in IE. A friend and I had to work on it quite a bit to get it to work in other browsers. That was when we used IPB. And now I see it, and well the free version of Inferno was removed from vBulletin.ORG because it was poorly coded and had several exploits allowing crackers to input data into the MySQL and gain Admin access.

The paid version is just too expensive for just a RPG. Who would spend $100 for an RPG system when there is so many good free ones? RPG Integration is still widely used and those who use it recommend it like crazy even though development is at a standstill.

Not to mention my friend Zadine purchased Inferno for the $100 and can't use it because it keeps giving errors and not allowing people to even post on the forum. It keeps saying invalid license, even though he has sorted it out with Inferno several times, all they say is to reinstall. But that doesn't work. Zadine also says to get everything setup such as bots, etc.. can take ages because there is so much to edit and add before you can play it, and there is no documentation to help with anything.

Why the hell would you make a mod with no read me to help others understand how to set it up? Especially if you are going to charge $100 for your coding? So you see, we have had nothing but troubles with Inferno RPG.

While on the other hand RPG Integration has been fine. ^_^