Just a comment

zrexkam

Hi, I am new and like some others, I didn't know that posts in the SeeD hallway did not count until Mae told me. Which I think is unfair as, when trying to acces an area for the first time a notice appears telling me I need 5 posts, and recommends going to the SeeD hallway to introduce myself. That gave me the idea that 5 posts there would allow me to access the area I wanted. This just a little bit annoying, and I hope that something could be done to clarify that without having to be told by an older member.

Thanks Chidori.

Post counts were disabled in the SeeD Hallway as it was attracting a lot of people spamming the thread to gain access to the download section.

But not having a notice to tell people where to post encourages people to introduce themselves to the forums and have a look around. We are an active community here and we love talking to new people.

The 5 posts needed is to help determine the leechers and spammers, from the valid members of the community. SeeD Hallway by it's nature is easily spammed time and time again by new members simply copy and pasting the same message into 5+ topics to gain access and never be heard from again. This is a community forum by nature, and we want it to remain a community of friendly and active members who all share a common interest.

I am still highly considering upping the required posts to gain access, as well as banning/suspended or removing access from the download section for those who only get the 5 posts needed and never be heard from again. If you are here simply to get access to the downloads we offer, but do not want to contribute to the community, then we don't need or want you. It's really as simple as that.

As far as why we don't mention what doesn't count as posts, for one, Forum Games is usually common knowledge a spam area in most forums that do not count, and as for SeeD Hallway, it wasn't too far back that we made posts not count there and we just never got around to actually putting it in any of the notices floating around the board. For that I'm sorry, but not knowing that, and having a complaint about it, again only shows you wanted an easy way to post 5 times and never post again.

You want access? Try posting in the Anime Discussions board, talking with fellow Anime fans about your favorite Anime, favorite characters, or just what you've recently watched and recommend to others. There is plenty of other possible topics of discussion too, the possibilities truly are endless.

sorry zrexkam but the 5 posts shouldnt bother you.. im a very shy person in real life but i chat more than i talk xD and tons of people do spam.. so i also understand why some areas do not count for the 5 posts.. its just 5 posts and i noticed you got your 5 within 50 minutes after posting elsewhere.. trust me once you see the download section you will want to stay :)

i hope you keep posting and if you ever have a question about something private messege me http://forums.kametsu.com/private.php?do=newpm&u=2127 and i will answer to the best of my ability :)