Final Fantasy XVI announced for PS5

CardGames

Today Square Enix revealed Final Fantasy XVI, the newest entry in the Final Fantasy series, is coming to the PlayStation 5 (PS5) system. Final Fantasy XVI is an all-new standalone single player action RPG produced by Naoki Yoshida (Final Fantasy XIV, Dragon Quest X) and directed by Hiroshi Takai (Final Fantasy XIV, The Last Remnant).

No release date though, however Square Enix did state that their next big information reveal is scheduled for 2021.

• Like 4

It looks like in FF16, people actually transform into the summons rather than actually summon them. Seems pretty clear the boy turned into Phoenix. Then someone else transformed into Ifrit. Also seems like some time will pass in the story given the appearance of the MC being shown to be much older.

@Kid Boruto shared this with me

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2020/09/final_fantasy_xvi_coming_sooner_than_people_think_reportedly_in_development_for_at_least_4_years

No 10 year wait this time!! 😍

Lots of people are speculating we'll see it late 2021 or early 2022

Yeah... I'll definitely take that.

Edited by CardGames
  • Like 1

Final Fantasy XVI has been rated [M] Mature by the ESRB. Interesting that the game has already been rated, it must be closer to coming out than we expected? Current rumor is that it has been secretly in development for roughly 4 years.

Only other FF title to get an M rating I believe was Type-0. Kind of expected it though when blood was displayed in the trailer.

21 hours ago, Koby said:

Final Fantasy XVI has been rated [M] Mature by the ESRB. Interesting that the game has already been rated, it must be closer to coming out than we expected? Current rumor is that it has been secretly in development for roughly 4 years.

Only other FF title to get an M rating I believe was Type-0. Kind of expected it though when blood was displayed in the trailer.

Type 0 has pretty much become my favorite FF after my experience with it. HYPE INTENSIFYING.

• 3 months later...