Official Coronavirus/COVID-19 Thread

CardGames

• 1 year later...

Pretty interesting to peek back into here as a time capsule of sorts. Although we're not all that far removed from the Covid times yet, most of the time I've completely forgotten about it. My goodness, did people work themselves into a tizzy over it. I'm not going to say that Covid isn't dangerous for old/weak people, but some people took things way too far. Working from home was nice, and I still work from home most days. Not out of fear for the virus, but because the folks at my office became accustomed to it and we don't feel like going back. I never got the science juice either, although some family members did. They did get pushy with me one time, but I was in my late-20's and I didn't feel particularly at risk. I caught Covid once a few years back and it was akin to a mild cold. I wouldn't have known it was the super special plague virus if I hadn't tested for it. I'm all for people taking it seriously if they wish to, I just had an issue with people implying how others should act. I'm happy that the whole thing seems to be in the rearview mirror these days, but I suspect that there will be one last push around election season. Maybe not. I don't know if the public has it in them to get worked up over Covid again so soon. Time will tell.

23 hours ago, Zemekis said:

Pretty interesting to peek back into here as a time capsule of sorts. Although we're not all that far removed from the Covid times yet, most of the time I've completely forgotten about it. My goodness, did people work themselves into a tizzy over it. I'm not going to say that Covid isn't dangerous for old/weak people, but some people took things way too far. Working from home was nice, and I still work from home most days. Not out of fear for the virus, but because the folks at my office became accustomed to it and we don't feel like going back. I never got the science juice either, although some family members did. They did get pushy with me one time, but I was in my late-20's and I didn't feel particularly at risk. I caught Covid once a few years back and it was akin to a mild cold. I wouldn't have known it was the super special plague virus if I hadn't tested for it. I'm all for people taking it seriously if they wish to, I just had an issue with people implying how others should act. I'm happy that the whole thing seems to be in the rearview mirror these days, but I suspect that there will be one last push around election season. Maybe not. I don't know if the public has it in them to get worked up over Covid again so soon. Time will tell.

I agree with everything you said.  People sometimes can be way over the top about COVID. Working from home is what my sister does now and she's quite happy not having to go into the office since all she does is answer the phone for public relations. Her office decided it was better and more productive then coming into the office. COVID cases are still talked about but you don't hear as much as when it started. And like you said, time will tell.

• Like 1