Funimation Removes Interspecies Reviewers Anime as it 'Falls Outside' Company's Standards

Koby

38bAXwn.jpgFUNimation confirmed today that it has removed the Interspecies Reviewers anime from its streaming platform. The company provided the following statement:

After careful consideration, we determined that this series falls outside of our standards. We have the utmost respect for our creators so rather than substantially alter the content, we felt taking it down was the most respectful choice.

FUNimation began streaming the series on its website earlier this month. The company planned to stream the series with both English subtitles and an English dub.

The anime premiered in Japan on January 11, and is slated to have 12 episodes.

Yuki Ogawa (FLCL Progressive, Miru Tights) is directing the anime at Passione. Kazuyuki Fudeyasu (That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime, Dropkick on My Devil!, Girls' Last Tour) is in charge of series composition. Makoto Uno (Witchblade, The Qwaser of Stigmata, High School DxD Hero) is designing the characters. Kotone Uchihigashi is composing the music. Voice cast members Junji Majima, Yūsuke Kobayashi, and Miyu Tomita are performing both the opening theme song "Ikōze☆Paradise" and the ending theme song "Hanabira Ondo."

Yen Press licensed the manga, and it describes the story:

Beauty truly is in the eye of the beholder! From elves to succubi to cyclopes and more, the Interspecies Reviewers rate the red-light delights of all manner of monster girls…the only thing is, they can never agree on which species is the hottest!

The manga ran as a special one-shot in Kadokawa's Monthly Dragon Age magazine in July 2016, and the company is also publishing the manga in compiled print volumes. The manga won the DLsite Award in Da Vinci Magazine and Niconico's Tsugi ni Kuru Manga Awards.

• Like 1

That's quite the stance considering they've had no problems with stuff like Interview with Monster Girls & My Life as a Centaur... but yeah. Okay. I'm sure it's not hypocritical or anything.

Also... there's an interspecies couple in Durarara. Although obviously Aniplex =/= Funimation obviously. Still though.

Whatever. I guess.

3 hours ago, CardGames said:

That's quite the stance considering they've had no problems with stuff like Interview with Monster Girls & My Life as a Centaur... but yeah. Okay. I'm sure it's not hypocritical or anything.

Also... there's an interspecies couple in Durarara. Although obviously Aniplex =/= Funimation obviously. Still though.

Whatever. I guess.

I haven't watched this show personally, but from my understanding it sounds like the anime actually shows in episode 3 a character who looks like a child inserting an object into their vagina.

Whether this is the actual case or I'm just being led to believe something that didn't happen, I'm not sure... because I didn't go digging for it as I really don't want to be exposed to such things if it were true, however several people in various Discord servers I'm in also confirm that takes place.

People are saying this show is outright a hentai, not a regular anime, because anything regarding "insertion" is classified as hentai... and we all know FUNimation does not work with hentai titles.

As a result of FUNimation removing the title, Wakanim (another official streaming site) has now removed it as well.

Also FUNimation has a history with disliking CP in their titles. Years back they announced they were censoring Vampire Bund as a result of a scene where a girl who looks 7 is naked. Pedos rallied together and rioted claiming that because the mangaka claims the character is a 300 year old vampire it negates the fact that it's a 7 year old body in terms of looks... so FUNimation backtracked and said they'd release it uncensored and that fans could take the risk of owning the title based on their own state laws.

• Like 1