Towards the Horizon

Koby

Hey everyone,

We're about to begin work towards reinvigorating the community and breathing new life into the forum aspect.

As a starting point we'd love to get some feedback about what kind of community aspects you'd enjoy seeing, what some of your favorite hobbies are that you'd be interested in conversing about with others on a long-term basis, and just overall what kind of changes you'd love to see happen or any ideas you might have as to what direction we should take things in.

We've pondered a lot over pushing the community towards a more gamer-friendly aspect and getting things more involved and organized.

We love hearing from you, so please, now is the time to speak up! The possibilities are near-limitless.

I would love to see more anime discussion.

Recently, I have been into FMA (Filipino Martial Arts) and Anime.  I also love music, mostly Heavy Metal and Rock.

I understand these aspects are already in the forums, so I would not know how to promote it even more.

Thanks for reading,

On 8/6/2019 at 9:20 PM, Beave said:

I would love to see more anime discussion.

Recently, I have been into FMA (Filipino Martial Arts) and Anime.  I also love music, mostly Heavy Metal and Rock.

I understand these aspects are already in the forums, so I would not know how to promote it even more.

Thanks for reading,

@Beave even if those aspects already exist, there's always room to expand upon them. The idea we had really was to just do a complete reorganization of things. Move some things around, expand some of the existing topical forums, things like that. There are gaps to fill, but we can't really think of any better way to fill those gaps than to ask the community. The idea we wanted to go with is to do a refocus onto gaming while keeping our love for anime and cartoons alive, we just didn't feel right "just doing" that without asking people first.

As far as anime discussion goes...the loss of downloads was a major blow, but we also recognize that the community absolutely loves their anime and their cartoons. To that end, we've been planning on doing a lot more expansion upon that very topic, perhaps adding in some special 'prizes' for perhaps randomly picked winners from time to time ;)

Really we can do some similar things for other topical areas like gaming, think you already saw an example of what we attempted to do with that. The same idea might be expandable to other topical areas, for example maybe some music-related giveaways from time to time. You get where I'm going with that.

At this stage it's more about finding a direction we want to take the site in, given Kametsu can no longer do what it used to do, because Koby and I are both still very much willing and able to keep things open. We just want you guys to decide which direction the site should be taken. The control is being placed firmly in your hands.

Thanks for your reply!