Zack Snyder To Direct ‘Army Of The Dead’ For Netflix

Koby

GVHFlRZ.jpgBefore we got movies like 300 and Man of Steel, blockbuster director, Zack Snyder, made a little movie called Dawn of the Dead. The remake of the classic horror film was penned by James Gunn and is widely considered by horror fans to be one of, if not the, best horror remakes of all time. After it's successful release, Snyder was set to direct the sequel, Army of the Dead. However, that never came to be… until now.

As first noted by The Hollywood Reporter, Snyder is set to direct Army of the Dead for Netflix. With a supposed budget of $90 million, and no restraints from a big studio (his own personal studio, Stone Quarry, is set to produce alongside Netflix), Snyder will be his style to the zombie genre.

“There are no handcuffs on me at all with this one. It will be the most kick-ass, self-aware — but not in a wink-to-the-camera way — balls-to-the-wall zombie freak show that anyone has ever seen.”

While there are some who bash Snyder’s work for being too stylized and too dark, if you look at his successes, it’s when he has had the most freedom. 300 is a masterpiece. His Dawn of the Dead remake is one of the best zombie movies ever, and in such a saturated genre. And, with Netflix becoming the powerhouse that they are, making a movie for the streaming service is just about as good as making one for theaters.

Are you excited for Snyder’s next zombie flick? Are you happy to see him return to the director’s chair? Be sure to tell us all of your thoughts on it in the comments section!

• Like 1

I am happy to see him get away from comic book adaptations and back to the visceral thrills that made Hollywood throw money at him in the first place. I hope the script is up to snuff, though. I would hate to have another one of his movies where the action and visuals are great but you want to throw things at the screen whenever anyone talks.

Wow! I can't believe they resurrected this. I'm pretty excited to see what he's going to do with it, but I'm more interested with what he is going to do with 90 million though. That's a lot of budget for a zombie movie.

Edited by atvs