Dark/black theme?

CHM-XAC

Hello! Please tell me of this is posted in the wrong place because I am not sure this is the right place (it says feedback). I wanted to know if it would be possible to have a dark or pure black theme for the forums? S Internet night mode is filling the gap but it would be nice to have a real dark/black mode regardless of the browser or platform (since S Internet is only on Android and Chromebooks by extension).

1 minute ago, CHM-XAC said:

Hello! Please tell me of this is posted in the wrong place because I am not sure this is the right place (it says feedback). I wanted to know if it would be possible to have a dark or pure black theme for the forums? S Internet night mode is filling the gap but it would be nice to have a real dark/black mode regardless of the browser or platform (since S Internet is only on Android and Chromebooks by extension).

The forum already has several dark themes enabled. Titan is a bit colorful, but Brave and Carbon are both fairly dark. 

There is no pure black theme, if you're hoping for an OLED-compatible option. That's really not a standard on the web yet, unfortunately, so you probably won't see it often. You can force it on using extensions like Dark Reader or custom styling though, if you use Firefox as your mobile browser (this will be more unstable / slower though)

1 minute ago, Catar said:

The forum already has several dark themes enabled. Titan is a bit colorful, but Brave and Carbon are both fairly dark. 

There is no pure black theme, if you're hoping for an OLED-compatible option. That's really not a standard on the web yet, unfortunately, so you probably won't see it often. You can force it on using extensions like Dark Reader or custom styling though, if you use Firefox as your mobile browser (this will be more unstable / slower though)

That's unfortunate that there is no pure black but not the apocalypse either. I'll just keep using S Internet then. Thanks!

21 hours ago, mcmxcixmm said:

@CHM-XAC Have you tried the Brave theme, though? It's very dark - only a portion of the header is white, excluding content like text obviously.

In fact, I was just forced to switch to it after the old default theme disappeared for some reason - wonder if @Koby has any details on that...

I don't know the names of the themes. They actually don't show on my phone. Anyway all themes are not dark enough to my personal taste (but my personal taste is pure black to go with my AMOLED). However; with Night Mode, I have a 95% black mode (only headers and borders remain in color, albeit dimmer) so I'm fine with that.